Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Rough days

So far this New Year has been a bit of a bust.  With the news of my Mother's diagnosis and then being sick for a week myself, I haven't been able to do much of what I had planned.  That is the way life goes I guess, but I still have hopes that things will get on track and I can accomplish some of my goals.

While I was sick I re-watched the Netflix series The Big Family Cooking Showdown. It is a popoff of The Great British Bake Off.  I really like the chemistry of the hosts and the skills and personalities of all of the contestants.  What makes the show really great for me is that each family makes a meal for the judges in their own homes.  I love that part the most.  It is fun to see their kitchens and how they interact with their family in their own homes. It reminded me of being in the kitchen with my Mother and Grandmother cooking a meal.

Season two is not as good.  The hosts have changed, the set is not as welcoming and they omitted the cooking at home part. Netflix, please bring back the original format and hosts.

Well, I'm off to start my day. The Big Guy has caught what I had and I can hear him coughing down the hall.  Poor guy.  I have to catch up on a weeks worth of tasks here at home and be somewhat prepared to go to work Monday and catch up on everything there.  Sometimes being a responsible adult bites.






2 comments: