Pages

Monday, August 10, 2020

An appetizer and a score at the farmers market

I love appetizers, I always have. When a party invite says "heavy hor d'oeurves" I am in.  I was watching The Best Thing I Ever Ate a couple of weeks ago and Molly Yeh picked Dill Pickle egg rolls. Sounds odd but let me tell you, they are SO GOOD!

I took egg roll wrappers and spread a little water all around the edges.  Placed a slice of Havarti in the center and a dill pickle spear in the center of the cheese.  Wrap as you would an egg roll and fry.  Serve with Ranch dressing with a little Sriracha added in for dipping. The picture I snapped doesn't do them justice.  I should have sliced them sideways for better presentation but I was in a hurry to try them.

I will be making these again.



Since something ate all of my Jalapeno Peppers we went to the farmers market Saturday to find a few more to freeze for the winter.  We scored.  These mammoth jalapenos (same as the variety I was growing) were 5 for a dollar.  Between what I have already frozen this year, the ones I've pickled and now these, I think we will be good until next summer.


5 comments:

  1. I too adore hors d'oeuvres (having learned to spell them properly in Junior High). Bringing some to a party is always a challenge as folks are very judgmental to the quality and (worse) repetition unless strongly encouraged by the host.
    I've never cooked with egg roll paper; I hope it isn't difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not difficult at all. You can make SO many appetizers with them. You must try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delightful !
    A new recipe for me, sadly I'd have to pass on the Jalapenos :(
    Thank you for sharing,
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure I would like them but they are quite tasty.

      Delete
  4. Love the idea but not sure I could handle the jalapeño peppers.

    ReplyDelete