Sunday, July 5, 2026

My Weekly W's


What's top of my mind:  I hope everyone enjoyed a safe and happy 4th of July here in the States.  It was a pretty good week here. I worked Monday-Thursday, TBG only had one kind of bad day, and we had fun over the three-day weekend.  Friday before we ran errands, I made all of the sides for the weekend and put a beef roast in the crock pot which turned into an amazing pulled beef BBQ (will share this week).  Saturday went to the water park and floated the lazy river for a few hours. (My favorite way to celebrate anything on a hot humid day) We had two pop up storms Saturday evening, so the fireworks were postponed which was a bit sad to me.

Where I've been:  Tuesday I had my 6-month cleaning at the dentist, and all is well which is always a relief.  I love my dentist and my hygienist but it's not a place I look forward to going to.  Friday since I was off, we ran all of the errands.  I think I had 6 or 7 places to go but we managed to cross everything off the list and be home before 10am.  That is something I do love about living in a smaller town. The farmer's market was fully stocked and along with everything else I picked up these delicious peaches.  They are so juicy and sweet.




I also spent a lot of time out in the garden.  I had cut and dried the garlic I grew so I was able to bring that in. I got 12 good size heads of garlic, so I want to make sure to double that when I plant this year.  I weeded and planted a new lavender bush and just cleaned everything up a bit.  



Where I'm going: This week I have a well overdue appointment to have my hair cut.  I really think my hair grows even faster in the summer. Other than that, no appointments or plans.  Depending on the weather, I have a couple of ideas for next weekend.

What I'm watching: I watched Nomadland and I found it very thought provoking.  We also watched Fool Me Once which is another series on Netflix by author Harlan Coben.  This one was as good as the first one we watched. 

What I'm listening to:  I love sitting out in our backyard.  Even though we technically do live in the city, our back yard is so quiet and so peaceful.  

What I'm eating:
Lamb, potato and pea empanadas and salad
Big salad with chicken 
BLT, 'fries'
Big salad
Pulled BBQ beef, with choices of...potato salad, coleslaw, bbq beans, deviled eggs, tomato slices
Grilled Nathan all beef hotdogs with choice of sides above.  This is the best way I have found to grill hotdogs.  No rolling all around.


Blackened grilled chicken legs, pesto mac and cheese, tomato, cucumber and red onion salad

What made me smile:  Every morning before I usually even open my eyes I thank God for another day.  Looking back on this week, I see that we did what we could to make each day a bit special and that does make me smile.

Have a great week!!

36 comments:

  1. Those fresh garlic cloves must be really amazing. Are those 100% beef dog? Would love to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh garlic is amazing Angie. I use fresh and dehydrate for garlic granules in cooking. Yes, we only eat a hot dog 1 time a year and they are 100% beef.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a really good week. Always nice when you can get all the errands done and still get back home early to enjoy the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually run some errands after work since I get off so early but this week I didn't.

      Delete
  3. I've had a different hygienist because mine is phasing into retirement. I don't know if tbis one is just very rough and blunt as my cleanings and gum issues have flared up since changing, or my last was too gentle and I wasn't getting as effective as cleaning as I should have. Enjoy the fresh food in your cooking. Iove at least having fresh salad when I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you've had gun issues. Luckily, I've not had that. I follow a strict at home dental routine and I believe between that and her it is working. Fresh summer produce is always the best. Hope your garden is doing well.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a great week. Have you tried air frying hot dogs? I rarely have them nowadays but air fried Johnsonville brat dogs are divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only eat a hotdog once a year and we always grill them. I did try a chicken sausage in the air fryer, and it was very good.

      Delete
  5. Your days sound happy. Your found sounds wonderful. I used to grow garlic. Yes, fresh is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Fresh garlic is so much better, and it makes great garlic granules for the winter.

      Delete
  6. Did you notice the hair on your legs grows so fast in the hot weather. I always look like sasquatch,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really thought about it but yes, I do have to shave my legs more in the summer than winter.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a lovely week to me. Floating on the lazy river sounds refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was relaxing just floating around.

      Delete
  8. The garlic looks great. I watched Voicemails for Isabel on Netflix. I thought it would be sappy but was actually cute. We had massive storms over the weekend.. we are still experiencing road closures and were internet less for a whole day! Drooling over that pulled beef bbq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that movie listed but I didn't watch it because I thought it would be like you said sappy. Glad to hear you liked it; I'll check it out now that you've said it was a cute movie. Sorry about the storms and all of the damage. That's one reason this isn't my favorite season. I'll post the recipe this week. It was amazing!

      Delete
  9. Had a wonderful fourth, but a lot of work! Will pull two basil plants tomorrow and make pesto. Not Bossy Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be making pesto for the freezer probably this weekend.

      Delete
  10. Hello, my friend! Sounds like a lovely and productive week. Yay for getting all the errands done! That is the best feeling, isn't it? Checking them off and being home! I look forward to the recipe you will share! Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love checking things off of my list. It is so satisfying. I will share the recipe probably tomorrow.

      Delete
  11. So glad you had a wonderful 4th week.
    I am seriously impressed that you got your errands done and were home by 10 am.
    I need to give garlic growing a shot. Also ginger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we did. I could have never done all of those errands in that time when we lived in Florida. Small town Illinois for the win.

      Delete
  12. I'm popping in from my break to say hello. It sounds like you're enjoying summer. We won't get good peaches here until early August. I'm looking forward to going to the orchard I always visit for those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! I hope you are enjoying the summer. I cut and froze a lot of the peaches for smoothies and the ones we have eaten are so sweet and juicy. Tastes like summer.

      Delete
  13. I'm like you when I have a lot of errands to run I start early and just go until I finish! I have been enjoying peaches from Georgia someone gave me. SO delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's what I like to do. Glad you've been enjoying peaches as well. They are my favorite summer fruit. I hope you're enjoying the summer.

      Delete
    2. Floating on a lazy river is right up my alley! The dentist is not my favorite either, but it feels so good after to check it off the list for another year. Those peaches look amazing! I have been craving peach cobbler lately. I wish ours looked that good. I'm still waiting! I'm glad you had a nice week and holiday weekend! I'm getting a haircut tomorrow too. The summer is flying by. Happy Wednesday, my friend! Talk soon! xx

      Delete
    3. Hi Danielle! Isn't floating on a lazy river the best? It is just so relaxing. Peaches are such a great summer treat. These were so sweet and juicy. I'm definitely going to pick up more on Friday to freeze for later on. I made TBG a banana, strawberry and peach smoothy yesterday that he claimed was the best ever. lol Enjoy the rest of your week!!

      Delete
  14. We joined a pool club this summer and it has a lazy river. I haven't really tried it yet. The weather has either been too hot to sit out in the sun or too rainy. Lovely peaches and yum to the garlic. I'm a big garlic fan. I say a prayer every morning upon waking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy our pools lazy river. It is a relaxing way to cool off and enjoy the sun. The peaches are so sweet and juicy. I plan on growing double this year because I use a lot of garlic.

      Delete
  15. what a nice way to think of dandelions. I will try to remember this - and when I do I will remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. a very belated happy 4th july to you. Oh yes dentists are not fun; i know i have at least 2 crowns coming up!
    cheers
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Dentists are not fun appointments at all. Luckily, I'm good for now.

      Delete
  17. Yes indeed, thank God every morning for a new day! I do the same. I'm so grateful. I don't like going to the dentist either but I do -- faithfully! I told them, I love you guys but I wouldn't even drive past this place if I didn't have to! They thought that was so funny,. I get my hair cut every five weeks religiously, so I don't know if my hair grows faster in summer, haha! You're so clever to grow so many things. I'm no gardener. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every day is a true blessing. I've said the same to my dentist. I do love them all but that is not my favorite place to go at all. They laughed too. I do love gardening and hope to find time to do even more because I have an idea on a new project. We'll see though. Hugs and love!!

      Delete