Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2020

Uncertain Times

All schools in our state are closed until the end of March.  Panic buyers have wiped the town clean of sanitizers, paper products and more. Kroger and Walmart are not open 24 hours a day now so they have time to restock and sanitize the stores. Churches are canceling services.  The big guy owns a Tae Kwon Do school so we are thinking heavily of what we need to do.  The closest confirmed case is two and a half hours away from us.  We don't want to panic and suspend services but we don't want to take any chances either so we have to really think about this over the next day or two. 

I'm a level headed woman that doesn't panic. I'm pretty good at just rolling with it.  Whatever it may be. I've never been one to believe or expect our government to take care of me.  I take full responsibility for myself.  However I can't help but wonder how bad is this really going to get.  Is the media making more out of this or are they suppressing just how bad it truly is? Only time will tell I guess.

Jet has enough cat food and litter to get by for a month.  We have enough sanity items to get through a month.  I'm estimating we have enough food to get through at least a couple of weeks or more.  If we have to stay home for a few weeks there is enough books to read and lists to complete that we would not be bored.

On a positive note...the sun is shining, the forsythia is in full bloom and I am excited about getting outside soon to start my garden. I'm also making hummus today. I hope everyone can find a few positives as we move through these very uncertain times.



Hummus from FEAST by Anissa Helou

1 Cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight in plenty of water with 1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 Cup tahini
Juice of 1 or 2 lemons
2 garlic cloves ( I use 4 or 5 because I LOVE garlic)
Pinch of sea salt

Combine all ingredients in your food processor and combine until smooth. I have a friend from India who told me to include one ice cube to make it even smoother and it  actually really does.

Garnish with EV olive oil
Serve with veggies, flat bread or pretzel crisps





2 comments:

  1. Good for you for not panicking.
    I love me some hummus! When times are better I will make yours and be glad for the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since posting this now all pubs and eating establishments are closed except for curb side or delivery. We have decided to close the school for at least a week. And the nearest case is now the county right next to us. Enjoy your staycation!!

    ReplyDelete