Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Spring Cleaning

I think I finally got my mojo back.  The week was mostly blah but yesterday I decided to make my spring cleaning list and get busy.  My list is pretty simple.  I list each room with the categories...purge, clean top to bottom and make a fix, get list.  I go through each and every cabinet, closet and drawer.  This year I am giving myself until the end of March to complete.

Saturday we went to the grocery store and were home by noon.  I spent the afternoon cleaning and prepping veggies, splitting and packaging meat and then cleaning out all of our kitchen cabinets and refrigerator, freezer.  We do not have a proper pantry so I have specific cabinets for our food. I am good about rotating stock and I am pretty proud of myself because only one thing was out of date that had to be thrown away.

First is the beverage cabinet.  It holds all of our tea, coffee, hot coco, etc.


The next cabinet holds all of our condiments and sauces.  I've tried to find a lazy susan for the 
sauces on the right side of this cabinet but I can't find one small enough to fit.


I have one lazy susan that holds the salt, pepper and the oils that I use frequently.  It sits on the counter.


I do from time to time use tinned beans and tomatoes.  This cabinet also holds tinned fruit, jelly and peanut butter.


Looking over my photos I can't believe I didn't get one of my baking cabinet.  It is the one I love the most. All of my sprinkles are lined up so nicely. I'll post that next time.

All cabinets have been emptied, cleaned, new liner put down and organized.  That feels so good.  So I can check purge off of the kitchen list.

One of my doctor's brought me my favorite cakes this week.  They are from Nothing Bundt cakes and are just amazing.  The cake is so flavorful and moist.  The cream cheese frosting brings just the right twang to balance the sweet.  They are delicious.


So today I have to do some laundry, pay the bills and continue with my list.  

Have you started your Spring Cleaning yet?





2 comments: