Pages

Friday, April 10, 2020

Update and a new flour

It's been almost a month since I've posted. In 2020 I had full plans on spicing up my blog, posting more regularly and then COVID 19 hit.

Since my last post the big guy has closed his TKD school, temporarily.  Our state is on essential businesses only until April 30th (maybe longer, TBD).  Since he had already planned to move to a new larger building in June we felt it was the right thing to do and hopefully re-open in June instead of paying expenses on a business that is not making any money right now.

We have not been affected by any of the shortages.  Being raised the way I was and having lived in hurricane territory for over 20 years has taught me to be prepared. So we are still eating very well and have plenty of toilet paper.

My position at the hospital has been deemed unable to work from home so I am still going in.  It is a bit unsettling to walk past the quarantine tents into the hospital to have your temperature taken and mini health screening as the beginning of your day. People are stressed, scared and emotions are raw.  It is a bit much some days. There is SO much more I would like to say about all of this but...will  not.

So enough about the pandemic.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased flour online from Janies Mill here in Illinois. https://www.janiesmill.com/  I usually use Bob's Red Mill and will continue to do so for most things but I wanted to try something new.  One of the flours I ordered was their Italian Style.


I used it today for the first time and made a pizza.  It made an amazing dough!  I used the same recipe I always use.

I highly recommend checking out the variety of products on their website and try something new.

Stay safe!

*I have no affiliation with this product or company.






2 comments:

  1. I hadn't thought of 'flour' as something that had variety like wine or whiskey but it makes sense. I would like to have ANY flour right now. still none in the stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago I thought I was possibly gluten intolerant as I had stomach issues anytime I ate items made with flour. After doing some reading I realized my stomach only had issues with bleached and bromated flour. Most countries do not use these chemicals in flour but it is allowed in the US. Here is an interesting article that explains it all better than I could. https://www.bobsredmill.com/blog/healthy-living/wiw-bromated-bleached-flour/

    ReplyDelete