Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Life Rolls On

 It has been so long since I've posted here. Work has had me pretty stressed out the last month.  A lot of changes.  I usually embrace change but this is more like chaos.  After a three day weekend of pretty much just relaxing,  I am feeling a little better.  I just had to remind myself what my priorities are and not get caught up in the small stuff.

The temperatures have cooled down quite a bit and the humidity is gone.  Fall is in the air and I couldn't be happier about that.

I spent some time going through some of my Grandmother's recipes.  I had to laugh when I saw this one.

The recipe is for Spaghetti Con Polpette..I read that and said what is that.  Then I noticed the line below it which says it all... "meat balls to me".  Gotta love her.  Every Christmas my Grandmother and her sister in law made a dessert that I just loved.  I remember the taste to this day.  I knew it had vanilla waffers and pineapple and whipped cream but that is all I knew.  I finally found her recipe.  It is simply called "Creamy dessert".  We will be having this for Christmas.  It's been years. 

I finally found the prep table I have been wanting.  It is so nice to have a place to mix spices or roll out dough without using the kitchen counters.  My kitchen seems to stay much more organized now.



I made cupcakes this morning since it's been awhile. This is the Hershey cocoa recipe for the cupcake with a toasted coconut cream cheese frosting.  They are SO good.

Any recipes from your Grandmother that you wish you had?

2 comments:

  1. Happily I have a few from both grandmothers. Some of the recipes are scrumptious and a few are 'vintage' gotta love them for the sake of nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food, good or bad, is connected to so many of my memories.

    ReplyDelete