Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Thanksgiving Day preperations

We are going very traditional this year for our Thanksgiving Dinner.

Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Cranberries
Cornbread Dressing
Stand up Deviled Eggs
Bacon Brussel Sprouts
Yeast Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Sweet Potato Pie

I finished my last minute shopping today and I've worked out my timeline.

Tuesday:

Make pie dough for the two pies, wrap and store in the fridge.
Bake the sweet potato for the pie. Wrap and store at room temperature.
Cut up carrots, onions and celery.  Store in the fridge.

Wednesday:

Make and bake sweet potato pie.
Make and bake pumpkin pie.
Make a pan of cornbread for the dressing.
Make the cranberry sauce.  Store in the fridge.
Clean the turkey and store in the fridge.

Thursday:

Boil eggs and make stand up deviled eggs.
Put together cornbread dressing. Cooking in the crock pot to save oven space.
Put turkey in the oven.
Set out yeast roll dough to rise.
Bacon Brussel Sprouts.
Mashed Potatoes.

It is going to be a very busy week.  Looking at this list, I'm really questioning why I didn't plan to take off work Wednesday.
I am going to wish every one a very Happy Thanksgiving now.  I will post pictures on Friday and share my recipe for Brunswick Stew that uses up left over turkey and warms you up on these cold days.



2 comments:

  1. I hope you have help to do all of this.
    By the way, may I add you to my blogger roster list this week when I tidy it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband will sous chef a bit. I've done it for years so I have a system down. Of course I would be honored to be added.

    ReplyDelete