Pages

Monday, February 17, 2020

Blah, Blah, Blah

Valentines Day is not really a holiday that the big guy and I celebrate.  I'm of the theory that you shouldn't need a set day of the year to show the person you are with that you love them.  We usually do a Lady and The Tramp spaghetti dinner at home but a month ago I got the wild idea to make a reservation out that night at one of the local places.  Well when Friday arrived I really didn't feel like going out to a super crowded restaurant filled with people professing their love on this 'special day'.  It was freezing cold out and I had worked all week.  Luckily for me, the big guy was actually pretty surprised that I had made the reservation in the first place and I think he was a little happy that I was all too willing to cancel it.  Now that is LOVE.


The weekend went by with us watching more movies than we have watched together in probably the last six months.  Other than bathing, baking him a sweet potato pie, cooking meals and a few loads of laundry I did absolutely nothing else and it was wonderful!


It's already the middle of the second month of the New Year and I just feel like I have accomplished very little so far in this new decade.  I just feel BLAH!  No motivation at all!  But I think I am ok with that.  I mean, don't we all just need to shut down for a little while?  Isn't making it through the day enough sometimes?  I think so.  Maybe I'll start taking Vitamin D again just in case.


A couple of weeks ago I made this dish below on the fly and it was delish so I am making it again tonight.


Sautee your choice of meat in sesame oil or olive oil
(1 Pound Ground Beef or boneless Chicken, cut in strips or favorite steak cut in strips)


When meat is 1/2 way cooked add the ingredients below...
1 Onion, diced
4 large garlic cloves, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
1 inch fresh ginger, diced
1 small jalapeno, diced
Turmeric
Cumin
Coriander
Thai curry powder
Salt
Pepper
Simmer on low, stirring occasionally until meat is cooked through


Serve over basmati rice and garnish with fresh Cilantro, green onions and sliced Avocado.

Can anyone help me think of a name for this dish? 

No comments:

Post a Comment