Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2020

This past week...

Last Sunday the weather was in the 60's here so I was able to grill without freezing.  We had baby back ribs for the big guy and a chicken breast for myself with a grilled 'baked' potato, corn and deviled eggs.

I also was able to get my hands on Florida Strawberries.  February is picking time for them in Florida which is one reason it was always my favorite month of the year there.  They are so sweet and delicious. 

Friday night was Pizza night.  I used ricotta, chopped garlic, an egg, a little parm., a little mozzarella, salt, pepper and oregano all combined and spread over the dough instead of a red sauce.  I topped with jalapeno spiced chicken sausage, red onions and green peppers and covered with mozzarella.  This pizza was amazing!

Saturday the big guy took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant here in town for lunch.  We hadn't been in a little over a month so I was craving their Chicken Fajita taco salad.  The ingredients are so fresh and perfectly spiced.  All of their food is tasty but this is one that I get more than anything else.

This morning I made popovers to warm the house and my soul up a little.  

I started Bringing It To The Table by Wendell Berry.  So far it is a very interesting read.  I'll post more on it when I finish.










2 comments:

  1. It all sounds delicious esp. the ribs they are my vice I love'em so esp. with a marvelous sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a dry spice rub and finish with a spicy sauce so they are pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete