Pages

Monday, May 25, 2020

Chapter 53

Today is the beginning of Chapter 53 for me.  With the pandemic still going strong it will just be the big guy and I celebrating at home.

Friday we went to our local meat market and picked up two beautiful large beef bones with meat.  I started the broth yesterday at 2 pm and when I woke up today the kitchen smells amazing.  I love making homemade chicken and beef broth.  There are so many ways to use it. The bone marrow is so good for you.  I use organic/local meat bones because with the broth you really want to make sure it was a good healthy animal.

My maternal grandparents had a farm when I was growing up.  So I grew up eating the meat that they raised.  I can remember my favorite part of a pork chop or chicken bone or steak bone was to suck the flavorful marrow out.  (Some may think that is disgusting, but it is really delicious.)

Bone Broth
2 large carrots
2 medium onions
4 stalks of celery
celery tops
4 thumb size pieces of ginger
5 cloves garlic
Chicken carcass or beef bones
Cover with water

Cook in slow cooker for 24 hours.

I don't add any spices to the bone broth because I use it to make various different dishes.  When I warm the broth for that dish I will add the spices.


This is how the beef bone broth looked when I started it.



2 comments:

  1. Many happy returns !
    May this next year be your best one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Prayers for you and your family during this heartbreaking time.

    ReplyDelete