Pages

Saturday, June 6, 2020

Sopaipillos

I'm not sure exactly how 'traditional' this recipe is but I can tell you it is delicious, fast and easy.
I don't even remember where I got the recipe from I've had it for so many years. And the bonus is you will have extra chocolate sauce and lasts for 3 days in the fridge and is delicious over ice cream.

Chocolate Sauce:
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbs. unsalted butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Sopaipillos:
Oil for frying
Flower tortillas cut in strips or triangles
Powdered sugar for dusting

Bring to a boil 1/4 Cup of water, sugar and salt stirring until the sugar has desolved. Wisk in cocoa until smooth.  Remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla.

Heat oil in a pan until approximately 350 degrees.  In small batches fry the tortillas turning once.
Place tortillas on a paper towel or cooling rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Plate and drizzle with chocolate sauce.

Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of such a thing; i learned something !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must try them. Delicious without being overly sweet.

    ReplyDelete