Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2020

A really nice Saturday

Happy Saturday! It was a LONG week of work and I am so happy it is finally the weekend. The big guy and I do most of our shopping every other week in a larger town about 40 minutes west of us. We've been shopping there for years and even though their population is much larger than ours, their Covid numbers are shockingly lower there than here in our little town.

The leaves are all changing here and it was a beautiful drive.  I usually read the entire way there but today I found myself just staring out the window in awe of the amazing colors. 

We did our shopping at our two favorite stores and I spent a ridiculous amount of money on candy for the little beggars on Halloween.  If ever there was a year to go a little overboard, this is the year. We were getting ready to leave when we noticed a new restaurant. If anyone was going to build a new place to eat during uncertain times with a pandemic, this is the model to go by.  It is totally open air concept on three sides.  It's visually very cool looking.  With very attractive heaters on the ceilings and two large fireplaces I can see it will be comfortable well in to the winter. I also liked how they took your temperature before allowing you to enter and cleaned everything on a table when people left including the menus.  This is only the second time we have eaten out since March and I felt pretty comfortable. I chose the beer cheese bacon burger and it was very good.

The big guy commented as soon as we sat down how good it felt to kind of feel human again.  I have to agree. It was a really nice Saturday.

                                                            My Beer cheese, bacon burger.



2 comments: