Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2021

My Week

The work week was a bit chaotic.  The hospital is operating at max capacity due to staffing. People are waiting hours to be admitted as every department is short staffed especially nursing.  Our covid numbers here are equal to the highs we experienced last November thru January.  Our community is only at 35% vaccinated. Even if you're someone that doesn't believe Covid is 'that bad' think about if you were to have any serious health scare and needed hospitalization.  Enough with that.

We were able to take an hour Wednesday to have a quick lunch together to say good bye to one of the doctors that has been there for the last 7 years. I found a couple of trays at Hobby Lobby that I love.  They are a lightweight metal but have a coating on top and they hold a lot.  I will get a lot of use out of them and they were only 4 bucks a piece. Score!




 It was a very hot and humid week with heat indexes in the triple digits.  Thankfully Friday evening things cooled off and humidity is a lot lower.  Yesterday we spent half the day in the back yard, trimming branches, clearing weeds out of the flower beds and cleaning up the gardens.  I planted more basil, lettuce and arugula.  I'm happy to see the pepper plants are all loaded with peppers and I will be eating salads or salsa all week I have so many different tomatoes.  Herbs and a large variety of peppers and tomatoes are my favorite things to grow. The firecracker tomatoes I tried this year are SO good.  I'm saving some seeds to grow again next year. Now to tackle the front yard. I know we will have more hot days but it does feel like Fall is on the way.

I finished  reading All Gone by Alex Witchel. It is a memoir of her mothers dementia.  It hit close to home.  I also finished when French Women Cook by Madeleine Kamman.  I really enjoyed it and added two of her other books to my reading list.

Our meals this week were much of the same summer dinners.  Lots of salads, a BLT, Chicken nachos, and meatball subs.  Every meal was full of veggies. Today I need to make zucchini bread and a batch of chocolate chip cookies.  Zucchini bread freezes so well and is nice to have in the fall or winter.

How was your week?  Stay safe!

10 comments:

  1. Those are nice trays. I like them.

    My week was good. It's quite humid living near the coast, but I'd rather have that than the oppressive heat I used to live in. Have a great upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a good week. From the sounds of it you are in a much better place for a lot of reasons. Stay safe and have a good week as well!!

      Delete
  2. You are "right on site," in a hospital... And I take it, that most of your China Covid patients are 'unvaxinated'.

    We got our "Jabs" last month. Wanting to go out to eat a bit, in the nice weather.

    Our county numbers are not that bad, and few hospitalizations. But it again, is the 'unvax-ed'.

    "The Jab" does not mean you can not get it, of course! But it should be less 'bad.'

    Then again, how long will it last????? We are thus glad, to have waited.

    I simply can not live in FEAR though. We got "The Jab." We continue to be wise about _when_ (early) and where we go. That's it. Can't live in fear!

    Do hope this coming week, will be less hectic for you, at your job!!!!

    🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I refuse to live in fear about anything. Life is too short.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry that the cases are increasing. I feel so sorry for all the health care workers having to go thru wave after covid wave. I don't understand people anymore, esp those refusing to wear masks or get vaccinated.
    Your trays look great, and I'm sure the dr. appreciated the lunch.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been a very tiring 18 months.

      Delete
  4. Aug. 17, 2021

    Thank you for your comment on my blog, today.

    We both agree...

    Unbelievably illogical actions...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is sad and stressful to know the folks in hospital are working under such strainful circumstances. :-(

    ReplyDelete