Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2024

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  Gardening.  This morning I went out and planted basil, arugula, two different lettuce mixes, wasabi radishes, and a local wildflower mix.  The mint and thyme are coming back well.  I bought a new rosemary plant because I'm not sure if the one from last year is going to make it.  It's either partially or totally dead.  Next month I'll plant sunflowers and a few other veggies and herbs but I'm doing like I did last year and keeping it all minimal.  I can find everything else from the local farmer at the market.  My gardening time is a bit more limited than it used to be.

Where I've been:  Went to Rural King for a few things we wanted.  I had a mani-pedi on Wednesday.  I do the same thing at home once a week, but it sure feels SO good to have them done for you.  That was a very relaxing hour.  

Where I'm going:  TBG has a cardiologist appointment tomorrow that I will go to with him.  A friend of ours who is a very good doctor but no longer lives in Illinois went over all of his tests and records and told him not to wait for anymore testing but get the surgery for a defibrillator set up.  TBG was dragging his feet on it but got the push he really needed and I'm so thankful.  

What I'm watching:  I watched a few cooking shows but other than that, nothing much.

What I'm reading:  I didn't read much this week either.

What I'm eating:
BIG salad x2



Spaghetti with beef meatballs and a salad
Calzones and a salad
Chicken, baked potato and asparagus
Beef burger with oven fries and coleslaw.
Tonight, we're having a new recipe stovetop mac and cheese, beef sausage links with onions, peppers and broccoli.

I'm making Jordan Marsh blueberry muffins later today.  

Who needs a good slap:  I deserve a slap or two to get me in gear.  I've been making the new recipes for my 52 in 52 weeks goal but haven't made the time to type them up.  I'll give myself two slaps and try to set some computer time for this week.

What I'm planning:  This week will be more sprucing around the inside and outside of the house.  We've checked a number of items off of our to do list but there is always more to do.  I also want to start planning what I want to do next month for my birthday.  I'm thinking back yard BBQ.  

What's making me smile:  This Uniroyal Gal was brought to our town in 1966 and has been standing strong ever since.  They dress her up for the different holidays and seasons.  In honor of the total eclipse last week, they gave her a pair of glasses.



I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a nice week.

35 comments:

  1. I love the uniroyal gal and her eclipse glasses. One of my neighbors has a full body yeti silhouette on the front of his house. It always has seasonally appropriate head or neck wear. It makes me smile every time I pass the house.
    I hope all goes well with the cardiologist.
    And most of all give yourself some grace. It is OK that you have not gotten recipes published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she awesome? Your neighbors yeti would make me smile every time I saw it as well. Thank you. We hope to get the ball rolling and get this done. Yes, in the big scheme of things the recipes are very trivial, I just hate not accomplishing what I've decided to do. I probably just need a push not a slap.

      Delete
  2. Glad TBG is listening and getting back to the doc. Your meals sound delish.
    Enjoy the nice weather while you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last cardiologist was a bit of a pushover. He agreed to wait three months to do another test and then schedule the procedure if needed. His numbers aren't getting any better, there is no reason to wait. You enjoy it too. It's going to be another rollercoaster of a week.

      Delete
  3. Glad he's moving forward. Positive news! Garden sounds good too. We're caught up on Spring Baking show. Waiting for next episode to drop on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad TBG got the push he needed, but I understand putting off any surgery! That statue is too much fun. My birthday is also in May! I’m making a Chinese Chicken Salad tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand too. That's why I didn't want to be the one to push too hard. It was better coming from a doctor he knows and trusts anyway. She is fun. Yay for May birthdays!!! Yum on the salad. You always make such tasty sounding salads.

      Delete
  5. I like that gal knowing she keeps a-going in all times and climes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. I looked it up and there are only around 150 left in the US. She did have a facelift and some body work done a few years ago.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad TBG is doing what needs to be done, and I hope this will take care of everything. I also think that lady needs one of those drinks with the umbrella in it in the other hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They do all kinds of fun stuff with her. Last summer she had a towel hanging off that arm. I need to start taking pictures of all her different outfits and accessories.

      Delete
    2. FYI I just became aware that you commented on my Saturday post but Blogger is not displaying it for some odd reason.

      Delete
    3. Blogger seems to be acting up again.

      Delete
  7. I'm also glad TBG got the push he needed to move on. Of course that push would probably never come from you but it doesn't matter who does it in the end, does it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lightly pushed but it's better coming from a physician that he knows. Sometimes reinforcements are needed.

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear TBG got the push and will be getting what he needs.
    That big salad looks delicious. You always have such a yummy sounding menu. I think I'll just pop over for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He needed the push. Thank you. I would have you over for dinner any time.

      Delete
  9. Forgot to mention that Uniroyal gal is awesome. She looks pretty good for standing there since 1966

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full disclosure...she did have a huge renovation/facelift, etc. in 2000.

      Delete
  10. Oh no.. don't slap yourself! A backyard BBQ sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should have said push myself to get it done. lol It does sound good to me also.

      Delete
  11. I want to eat that salad.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous that you are starting your planting. We won't get back to Philadelphia area until the beginning of June -so I'll buy some herbal plants to plant from the local nursery if there are any left by June. My mint will pop up but we only use it for bud vases since poison ivy decided to visit my large beautiful mint patch a few years ago. I'm too nervous to use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are able to find some herbs when you get back. I love having fresh herbs so much. Sorry about the poison ivy invading your mint. I had mint in a pot next to a flower bed and it jumped the border and is invading it now. Last year I had SO much mint I was giving it away to anyone that wanted it.

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Isn't she fun? I have to start taking pictures of all of her outfits.

      Delete
  14. I have a friend who visits those giant people statues all over the country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. I think I read there are only less than 100 left here in the US. It's cool that our little town has one.

      Delete
  15. I hope TBG's appointment went well. I'm excited about your sunflowers. I love flowers (maybe more than planting produce). There's just so much joy in having pretty flowers from your own garden and sunflowers are beautiful! I'm guessing you're planting it for the seeds. Our cooking oil in SA has always been sunflower cooking oil. Hope you all have a wonderful week! A big hug to my favorite kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunflowers are my favorite flower. I hope you're doing well and that you have a wonderful week. I'll give Binx a hug for you!!

      Delete
  16. Oh my goodness that big doll is funny! I'm so glad that your beloved got the gentle push that he needed, to do what needs to be done. I don't get manis done at the salon, but would not miss my pedi! Such an indulgence but necessary for me because I can no longer contort to paint my toenails in a way that does not look like an uncoordinated five-year-old did it, hahaha! Gots to have pretty pirate toes. Those Jordan Marsh muffins sound heavenly. I remember shopping at Jordan Marsh in Florida with my mother, as a child. I'm sure we just looked, hahaa. Oh and don't slap yourself! Hahaha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have them done once or twice a year at the salon. Usually I do them both at home. I can see a time coming in the near future though that I will no longer be able to contort my body to paint my toenails also. It's already getting harder. The muffins are really good. I've tried a number of recipes and this is my favorite. I guess I should have said 'push' myself. Take care my friend. xoxo

      Delete