Sunday, August 4, 2024

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  It's time for me to crawl out from the rock I've been under.  I was feeling pretty emotionally drained most of July and just needed to turn everything around me off and focus on each day. Now I'm back to feeling pretty close to my normal self and I'm shocked that it is August.  Not that I'm complaining because the 'bers' start next month and my favorite time of year begins. 



Where I've been:  Binx had his two-year checkup and got his nails trimmed and he was such a good boy. He now weighs 10.8 pounds and got a clean bill of health.  He's now three times the size he was when we brought him home.  I've made many trips to the farmers market and continued to dehydrate and can all month. I didn't go this past week because we're in the part of growing season that friends are begging us to take tomatoes and peppers and of course zucchini.  We also decided to walk around the flea market they have at the mall every month and finally found a set of glasses that I loved.  $5 for a set of 8 very heavy glasses was an awesome deal.  


Where I'm going:  No plans or appointments as of right now for the next week.  I do have a four-day weekend so I'm looking forward to that.

What I'm watching and what I'm reading:  I haven't really done either lately.

What I'm eating:  We're limiting how much bacon we eat but we did finally have our first BLT of the season this week and it was AMAZING. 

BIG salad x 2
Chicken sausage with green peppers and onions and sliced tomatoes
Lamb meatballs with zucchini 'fries' and sliced tomatoes
Fried chicken sandwich with zucchini 'fries'
Tonight, I'm grilling chicken and veggie kabobs

Who needs a good slap:  There are too many to list right now but I will give a special shoutout to the waitress that brought a practically raw egg instead of an over easy egg to TBG last week. It could not have hit the heat for more than 30 seconds.  When he showed it to her, she said she didn't eat eggs so she doesn't know how they are supposed to look and walked off.  Yes, walked off without even a simple I'm sorry.  5 slaps for never checking on us, making that stupid comment and not even saying I'm sorry.

What is making me smile:  Thank you to those of you that emailed me to check on me.  I appreciate that so much.  We may never have met but I do consider you all friends.

Stay cool and have a wonderful week!!


26 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers. I like the glasses you got - very nice.
    Oh gosh, I need a BLT now. YUM
    Glad Binx is in good health. Happy kitty - happy mom & dad!
    So glad to see you back. You have truly been missed.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. I've been looking for a set of glasses for awhile and couldn't find what I wanted without spending a LOT so this was a great find. They are the perfect size. Wishing you a good week too. I'm looking forward to the cool front that is coming.

      Delete
  2. I am happy your are back also.
    I do not eat eggs either, but I sure as shootin' know what an under cooked egg looks like. I have been a waitress in my young life and knew that extra attention meant extra tips. I don't get this current group of workers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! When the whites of an egg are pretty much still clear, it wasn't cooked right. It isn't rocket science. I was a waitress for a number of years at that age also and agree, you had to work for your tips. I don't understand a lot that is going on in our world right now.

      Delete
  3. OMG, that waitress needs a lesson in customer service. She wouldn't have gotten a tip from me.
    Lucky you, a 4 day weekend. I sure enjoyed the one I had last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was horrible and the first person I've stiffed in many, many years. We all need time a way from work to enjoy life don't we?

      Delete
  4. I'm glad to see you're online again, and I'm sorry for not checking in. I've been dealing with a lot of offline things myself lately. I'm happy that Binx is fine, but that waitress should work at this notorious Carl's Jr near my old work place from two decades ago. That location guaranteed food poisoning with your combo meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. No worries. You have so much on your plate right now too. I took one look at the eggs and said do not eat that and gave him half of my scrambled.

      Delete
  5. waitress dear that was the wrong response.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that she dropped off the food and only heard about the eggs when she dropped off the check was mistake number one. A simple I'm sorry goes a long way.

      Delete
  6. Glad to see you back. I must admit I was getting a bit concerned but as long as you're both well it does no harm to disconnect occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes, TBG is doing wonderful. It's so good to see him back to his normal self with energy and a positive attitude.

      Delete
  7. Add five slaps for me.
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly how you feel Lori! July has emotionally drained me too. It was rough (and the heat hasn't helped my mood either...:)
    I'm starting to feel a shift as we head toward September. I'm glad you're starting to feel better as well. I hope you have a nice four day weekend! Now, that sounds lovely! Take care my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've experienced a very big loss and I hope you continue to find peace. Life is hard sometimes and the days seem to go by so quickly that I just need to slow down and focus on the moment. Our favorite season is coming!!

      Delete
  9. It is unbelievable the attitude of that waitress. My husband got food poisoning from a poorly cooked egg on top of his Asian food in a restaurant. I felt kind of emotionally funky in July and then perked up for August. Your new drinking glasses are lovely. Hope you have a good August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked by her attitude. All he wanted was an "I'm sorry and I'll tell the cook". Food poisoning is a serious thing and it's hard for me to realize that some restaurant servers do not realize that or care. I'm glad you've perked up now too. I hope the rest of August is good to you.

      Delete
  10. Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve been having a rough time. I hope everything is ok with you and TBG. I’m slowly returning from my blog break, but wanted to catch up with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bijoux. We are both doing well, it's just a lot of stress at work and I think I kind of emotionally crashed after all the months of worry with TBG. This too shall pass as they say. I'm glad you're back!!

      Delete
  11. Oh my word that waitress needs a slap for sure! I hope you didn't leave her a tip. I am ruthless when it comes to tipping; TG is nicer than me and he pays the bill, so they're lucky BUT I find that the vast majority of the time, servers are pretty great. Once in a while you get a loser who can't seem to figure out how to do the simplest things with regard to taking care of a table. But it's rare so that's good. Your BLT sounds delicious and good for sweet Binx! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really did deserve the slap. I did not leave her a tip because she was just all around a very bad server. Her attitude was just something I couldn't overlook. I waitressed in my late teens and early twenties and I'm usually a VERY good tipper and understand having a bad day. This was much deeper. lol

      Delete
  12. She doesn't eat eggs so she doesn't know? That's nuts because she serves eggs during the shift so I'm thinking she really does need that slap.

    Farmer's Market sounds good. I haven't been in forever. No real reason why. There is a flea market that I passed this week. Never been, might give that one a go.

    Cheers and Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was not a very good waitress but when she said that when I showed her the eggs just ticked me off. We have an awesome farmers market. Since I didn't get to grow much myself this year, it's been a life saver.

      Delete
  13. those lovely glass tumblers are really the business :=)

    ReplyDelete