Where I've been: It's been a busy month, and I can't think of everything but since I last posted we've gone to see the latest Spiderman which was actually pretty good and I love sitting in a cool dark theater munching on popcorn in the summer. Thinking back, we used to go to the movies almost weekly but now with so much available from home, we really don't go often.
My paternal Grandfather's family had a reunion, and we went to Decatur for that. It was at Rock Springs Garden which is a really pretty place, and it was so nice to see everyone and spend a day with my brother. The oldest relative there was my grandfather's brothers 96-year-old wife, and she is still as spunky and sharp as ever.
We made it back to the pool a few times and visited Walkers Hours + Location | Walker's Bluff Winery since they will be closing soon. It's so sad but their taxes on the winery alone have gone up to almost $200,000 a year so they are closing. This is not political but a fact, we are in a sanctuary state that taxes the shit out of business and residents. Illinois can't even keep the Chicago Bears. I hope in November people remember all of the companies that have left and vote according.
Our beef order was ready, so we ran out to the ranch to pick that up along with farmers market visits and regular errands along with going to buy a new washing machine because ours died. We had it looked at 3 or 4 months ago and he got it going but said if it happened again, it would be cheaper to replace it than buy the parts it would need to fix it.
Where I'm going: I will be at work all week and I hope to not have too many other places I have to go. We've been so busy lately a weekend at home sounds really good. That is the plan any way.
What I've been watch: One movie that I remember from the last couple of weeks was Arthur the King on Netflix. It was based on a true story with Mark Whalberg playing the lead. We both loved it and was in tears a few times.
What I'm reading: Nothing. Hopefully once the garden is done I will find more time to read.
What I'm eating:
We tried new deli here yesterday for lunch and they had Krakow, a polish ham, and it was awesome. They sell by the pound as well as the sandwich shop, so I know where I'll be picking up a few things for the holidays.
Big salad x 2. One with chicken and garlic bread and the other one all veg.
Stuffed poblano over rice. I put the peppers in the Ninja on braise to get the skins off. Let them cool and then stuffed with spicey ground beef, diced onions and tomatoes, and topped with shredded Havarti cheese. Baked them long enough to warm and melt the cheese and served over rice with salsa and cilantro. SO good! (much better than the picture)
Beef cheeseburgers with zucchini tots that I flattened instead of baking in a muffin tin. We both actually prefer them this way now.
What's making me smile:
This photo came up in my FB memories last week. I remember I asked TBG to set the small table outside while I brought the food out. He added the flowers from our Tulip tree and I thought that was so sweet. It's the simple little things like this that make me happy and I smile every time I see this photo.
You have been busy! I just bought a zucchini at the farmers market yesterday and will be making those zucchini tots! thanks for the idea of smashing them instead of using a muffin tin! Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteI have but Fall and Winter brings a big slow down and I'm excited for that. I hope you enjoy the tots, we both love them.
Delete