The 'bers' have arrived even though it was 100 degrees here yesterday and will be hot for quite some time. September through January is my favorite time of year so I am looking forward to it. All of the holidays, game nights, comfort food, the cozy house...this is my down time that I always look forward to after a busy and HOT summer.
Even though our freezer is pretty full I couldn't pass up this deal from one of our local ranches that I buy beef from. This is a good deal on beef especially with the quality being so amazing. I love that they do these specials from time to time to help people out with rising prices on everything.
Last week I made all of the appointments for things that need taken care of in the next couple of months. Vet, vents cleaned, HVAC serviced...things like that so that is all off of my to do list finally. Tomorrow, I have a hair appointment and Saturday we're doing a day trip. It's a little hard to believe this is Labor Day weekend.
I haven't even thought about this weekend being Labor Day. Since we quit camping years ago, it is just another day.
ReplyDeleteYou got a nice deal on the meat. Good luck with the flowers.
Meals all sound good.
Thanks Cheryl. I love that this ranch gives good deals on their beef regularly. I'm hoping the saffron is a win. Stay cool!!
DeleteHere it's rather cool and I have to wear a thin jacket in the morning when I go out for walk. That's a great deal on beef.
ReplyDeleteWe had coolish weather for a week or two, but full-on summer is back. We're not getting out of the high 90's for 11 days or more. Enjoy your cooler weather. I'm looking forward to some.
DeleteThe kids have a huge project with tge old cabin, and Im on pet duty. My sister invited me out Saturday afternoon so that'll be my sole plans and I'll just enjoy my company.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a fun weekend. Enjoy!!
DeleteThat was a great deal on beef! I'd pick it up if it was near me too.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of saffron crocus before and will be interested in how it works for you.
It was a great deal for such delicious beef. I'm excited to see how they turn out. I don't use saffron very much because it is so expensive, it would be really nice to grow my own.
DeleteI forgot about the crocus/saffron connection. It will be an interesting experiment, for sure. We don't eat beef very often, but that sounds like a good deal.
ReplyDeleteWith planting 25 bulbs, I'm hoping at least half of them do well. We will see. This ranches beef is so delicious.
DeleteIt's marginally cooler here too now and you can see the relief on everyone's faces! So I'm not the only one who can't stand (too much of) summer then!
ReplyDeleteIt was 103 degrees today, but I will say the humidity is a bit lower so that does help. We're getting a heat wave for the next week and a half, but I won't complain because at least we have AC. I'm glad to hear it's cooling off there.
DeleteI hope you enjoy your long weekend. That is a good deal on beef. Meat is getting so expensive. Looking forward to seeing how your bulbs work out.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I hope you do too. I think it's awesome that they offer these deals from time to time. It must be very had to feed a family now. I'm excited to see if the bulbs do well.
DeleteGreat deal on the Beef! I wish I could find this in our area! Not Bossy
ReplyDeleteWe are blessed with a lot of local ranchers.
DeleteIt took me a minute to figure out what the "bars" were. Lol...We take off in October to get back in the warm weather. We have been snowbirds for 15 years.. I do remember the cozy winters with the fireplace, game playing, soup making, and snow shoveling. Hopefully, you will have some cooler weather soon. We are getting up in the mornings to about 68 degrees.
ReplyDeleteI have had my fill of hot weather and I'm ready for things to eventually cool off here. We had a brief reprieve from the heat, but it came back.
DeleteHappy September!!!! We made it, my friend! Our time is here! Although I am pretending it isn't super hot and humid outside. LOL Have a cozy autumn evening!
ReplyDeleteThe bers are here Billie Jo!! We have a brutal heat wave here also and it has just begun but real fall will be here eventually.
DeleteWe are apparently in for a very long hot and dry summer. Not looking forward to it. here it is the beginning of spring and already it will be 34C on sunday - aaarrgghhh. Hope your autumn is splendid.
ReplyDeletecheers
sherry
I hope the summer isn't as bad for you as they are saying. We've are still having a very hot, humid and dry summer in our area. It will be a while before it feels like Fall.
DeleteHave a great long weekend.
ReplyDeleteI got my first seed catalogue yesterday. I am going to look at the ones you posted also.
Thank you, I hope you enjoy Labor Day weekend. I get a couple of different catalogues every year and I love looking through them too.
DeleteThe summer flew by so fast. I didn't do most of what was on my list.. oh well. Looks like you are ready for fall.
ReplyDeleteIt did fly by, that is for certain.
DeleteUgh. The heat! I am not at all pleased with it. Like you, I tend to like all of the “BER“ months. I have never had any luck with Baker Creek heirloom seeds. I have bought a lot from them, but they never seem to grow, and if they do grow, they don’t produce. I am fascinated, however, by your saffron crocus. I will eagerly await your commentary on them.
ReplyDeleteWe finally got a tiny bit of a cool off today. It was 62 when I got up and only supposed to get to 88. I'm ready for cooler weather. I've used BC heirloom seeds for years, so I'm really surprised to hear you've never had any luck. I will let you know how the saffron crocus goes. Stay cool!!
Deleteyes yes yes the last four months of the year are the best ones.
ReplyDeleteYes, they really are the best.
DeleteBlogger wouldn't let me comment the other day. That's why I'm late to the party. Summer is still here where I'm at, and I hope you're enjoying your Labor Day Weekend.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't use blogger for a couple of days. There have been all kinds of computer glitches this week. Monday, I had no outlook/microsoft at work and that was fun. I hope you're enjoying the day as well.
DeleteThat is a really good deal on the beef. I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend. I don't mind the ber months as much as I mind the "ary" months! I am looking forward to cool nights to sleep in though!
ReplyDeleteThey always are doing great deals. They're the ones I got the roasts for $5 a pound from. Yeah, the 'ary' months can be tricky. And I'm with you on the cool nights for sleep. They are the best!!
DeleteI completely understand that feeling! Even when the weather is still hot, September somehow brings that feeling that a new and more enjoyable season is beginning. The cooler evenings, holidays, cozy meals, game nights, and time at home make this part of the year so special. After a long, hot summer, having a slower and more comfortable season to look forward to really is the best.
ReplyDelete