I think a lot of us in the US think of today as the last hooray of summer. I know I do, even though here, there will still be plenty of hot sunny days ahead even after the official Autumn Equinox. It seems after September our weather is extremely unpredictable in our area and could be hot or cold at any given moment.
It was a pretty good week here other than work. I won't even start with the ridiculousness that workdays are filled with. Of course, I stopped at the Farmers Market like I do most weeks. It was customer appreciation day and they had hot dogs and homemade ice cream for everyone. I passed on the hot dog, but the ice cream was mandatory. It has been SO hot here for over a week and that treat really hit the spot. I had a hair appointment too and had her cut a few inches off the length and the layers. It feels so much better.
Saturday, we took a day trip over to OFallon and did a bit of shopping and had lunch at Drake's. This is the place that has the ultimate club sandwich with honey mustard sauce that I love and it did not disappoint. We had wanted to go south and do a bit of walking and have lunch there, but the weather was brutal, so we opted for inside airconditioned activities instead. We'll save that for cooler days.
The second week of October we are getting all of our duct work and vents cleaned. It takes about 3 hours, and they have to go in every room. I think that would be a bit stressful for Binx so he will be going to the Tae Kwon Do school while it's being done. We take him out from time to time so he never gets afraid of his carrier or the vet, but this was his first field trip to the school and he was a trooper. TBG said he set the carrier down in the middle of the main room and within seconds Binx was ready to explore. They were there around an hour and he did great so I'm happy.
This week we watched The Answer Man and The Art of Racing in the Rain both on Netflix and they both were good movies. Racing in the Rain may require a few tissues like it did for me but I'm really glad we watched it.
Dinners this week...
Tonight I'm grilling wings and a steak with 'baked' potatoes (on the grill) coleslaw and deviled eggs.
you inspire me; the vents here have never been cleaned. Worth doing certainly.
ReplyDelete