Where I've been: Work is and will be quite busy for another month. We have 5 new doctors starting and that involves two days of orientation with each one. One down, 4 to go. Friday I thankfully was off, so I went and picked a few things up at the farmers market, Aldi and Kroger. While I was out, I decided to stop in Marshals and I'm so glad I did. I use a lot of glass jars to store produce, and I've been worried about accidentally breaking one of the shelves. When I found washable shelf liners specifically for this, I was thrilled. They washed up nicely and stay in place without sliding around.
Saturday TBG and I went out for breakfast at The Pancake House. I always get a Denver omelet there and once again, I was not disappointed. It was already getting hot, but we decided to take a walk around the park before going home.
Where I'm going: I have no appointments other than work so it should be a good week. Next weekend is our local Fall Festival and TBG's students are doing a demo. After that we will walk around and check things out and probably have lunch. I'm really hoping the weather is exactly what they are predicting. That will make it even nicer.
What I'm reading: I haven't started yet but The Correspondent is next on my pile. I've heard really good things about this one so I'm looking forward to diving in.
What I'm watching: We watched quit a few movies over the last two weeks and for some reason a lot of them involved dogs. A Dogs Journey (9), Gone Dog (8), Rescued by Ruby (9) all on Netflix. While cooking dinners or working on different things I also watched The Fabulous Four (6) and The Choice (9)
I'm also watching a lot of leaves falling off of the trees because it's so dry. I don't think we'll have a gorgeous Fall like we normally do unless we get a lot of rain very soon.
What I'm eating:
BIG salad
Chicken Alfredo with a salad and garlic bread
Eggrolls and rice
Lambchops, garlic mashed potatoes and coleslaw
Pizza with beef bacon, portabella mushrooms, sweet peppers and red onions. SO good!!
Maine red fish, potato cakes from left over mashed and more coleslaw
Tonight we're having grilled cheeseburgers and zucchini 'fries'
One afternoon I picked up just enough deli meat for two sandwiches, so we enjoyed a very rare deli sandwich and I made potato chips. This simple meal was not healthy, but really delicious. We all need to cheat sometimes. At least that's what I tell myself.
What is making me smile: TBG has been really feeling a lot better lately since they started him on this new medication and I couldn't be happier. Binx of course also gets a smile. Look at him. How can you not smile?
Hi Binx - looking good!
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking I should get shelf liner like that for my fridge. After seeing yours, I think so even more!
Sorry it's been so hot there. It's really cooled off here, I'm actually in a hoodie and fuzzy socks. Hope things straighten out for you!
We watched Rescued by Ruby about a month ago. We loved it!