Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Counting Down To Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away. I always try to make the holiday a little special,  and after everything 2020 has brought, this is the year to really celebrate.  It will just be the big guy and I so it should be a very relaxing holiday.

Lately, I seem to be in the taking one day at a time mode but I'm planning out the menu this weekend and doing my final shop next Saturday.  We've had our turkey for a couple of weeks, we just need to pick up fresh produce and dairy.  I'm planning on a pretty 'traditional' dinner.  

Covid has been increasing here like most places.  It seems people that did not social distance during Halloween have caused quite the surge.  I'm sure it will increase even more as the next three major holidays come.  It's a very scary time for most.

A few weeks ago I was finally given remote access to work from home because of being in direct contact with the physicians seeing the Covid patients.  Unfortunately with my responsibilities it isn't always possible to be out of the office so I've actually still been working more from the office than at home. The doctor's are giving me a little space and staying out of my area whenever possible.  Well, some are anyway.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I do find myself baking a lot more lately.  I find it so relaxing and we all need to be doing more that relaxes us. Today I made brownies.  This is a simple and delicious treat.

Brownies:

1 1/4 Cup sugar
2 Eggs
1 stick melted unsalted butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 Cup all purpose flour
1/2 Cup good cocoa 
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 F and grease or line an 8x8 pan.

Sift together all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.

Beat sugar and eggs on low speed until blended.  Turn up speed to high and mix until light and fluffy.  About 3 minutes.  With mixer still running, slowly add melted butter until combined. 
Gradually add dry ingredients and combine well.

If adding extras such as nuts, chips, coconut, etc. fold in the batter now reserving some to scatter on the top.

Bake 30 minutes for a chewy brownie or 35 minutes for a more cake like brownie.

Cool and Enjoy.



2 comments:

  1. It has been ages since I made brownies. Mother made them regularly, from a mix.
    Brownies are another item I am forever looking for the 'best' recipe; I hope to try yours as it looks scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't make them much either. Not sure why because they are so easy and SO good.

    ReplyDelete