Pages

Friday, November 27, 2020

Thanksgiving 2020

The last few years I have streamlined our meal and the prep for the holiday. Tuesday I made two pie crusts, baked sweet potatoes and the cornbread for the dressing.

Wednesday I made pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, cranberry sauce and the dough for our bread.

Thursday I got up and made deviled eggs, a cheese ball and then I put the cornbread dressing together in the crock pot and the bread in the oven. Last but not least, roast the turkey, cook mashed potatoes and green beans. The house smells like Thanksgiving. I confess I had pumpkin pie for breakfast because well the rules are out the window with 2020.  We snacked a little on dip, veggies, cheeseball and crackers.  The main meal was at 4pm. Every thing was delicious and we were stuffed.  My bread came out better than ever before and I really think it is the flour I used.

After dinner we watched Christmas Chronicles 2 which was a fun movie.  A number of channels started showing Christmas movies before Halloween.  I always start on Thanksgiving.  

Today I will slowly start decorating for Christmas.  Tomorrow I will make a big pot of Brunswick Stew which I look forward to after every Thanksgiving.

Stay safe!


                                                                        The big guys plate.



                                                             This bread was amazing.

                                                                        Pumpkin Pie


2 comments:

  1. I changed my mind about the stew. I do have to say I really enjoyed all of the ways I used the leftovers. How was your Midwest casserole?

    ReplyDelete