Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2021

My Week

 Happy Sunday!  My week was OK, nothing fabulous, nothing horrible so OK.  It has been hot and humid here because well, it is almost summer.  The very near forecast is in the low 80's and lows in the low 50's and I will appreciate that. 

Yesterday I sat outside in the sun for a couple of hours reading which is my favorite summer past time.  I'm reading Fresh Off The Boat by Eddie Huang the owner of Baohaus.  I'm about half way through and so far it's been a funny light summer read.

I lost a filling yesterday so the first thing on the agenda Monday is to call the dentist.  Luckily, no pain so far.  Eating will be light today though.

Meals this week:

Monday- BIG salad of red leaf lettuce, arugula, radish, red onion, snow peas, tomatoes, hardboiled eggs and shredded cheddar cheese.


Tuesday-  Mushroom, red onion and green pepper pizza


Wednesday- Beef short ribs, rice noodles, veggie, beef stock bowls.  I don't cook the veggies but put them in the bowl, add the hot broth, noodles and meat.  So good.

 

Thursday- Chicken Tikka Masala I usually make this from scratch but a friend of mine told me she always keeps a jar of this sauce for a quick and easy dinner.  Since she is Indian I trusted it was a good sauce and it did not disappoint.



Friday- Fried chicken, macaroni salad and corn on the cob.

Saturday- Steak, macaroni salad, baked potato and stuffed mushrooms all cooked on the grill.


Even though I spent my first 18 years in the Midwest I never would even try Macaroni Salad.  Something about cold pasta just did not interest me.  Well, I tried it for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was good.  So I asked my friend for the recipe and made it.  While it's not something I will make often, I can now appreciate the cult following it seems to have.

Macaroni Salad

1 pound pasta
3 hard boiled eggs, diced
2 celery ribs, minced
1 red bell pepper, minced
1/4 red onion, minced
1/4 Cup sweet pickles, chopped
1 Cup Mayo
1/4 Cup sweet pickle juice
2 tsp honey or sugar
1 1/2 Tbs. Dijon
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.  Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cooled.  Let pasta fully drain.

In a small bowl, mix the mayo, pickle juice, sugar and Dijon.  

Combine all ingredients and toss until fully coated.

Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Hope you all have a great week.  Are you a macaroni salad lover?

12 comments:

  1. Best of luck, with the lost filling!!!

    😊 💒 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks and sounds fantastic! I'll have to give that Tikka Masala sauce a try too. I hope the dentist can get you in right away and hope you stay pain free. Enjoy the last of the weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha! Having a jar of sauce like this is nice to have for a quick meal. Happy Monday!

      Delete
  3. My slow cooker tikka masala is almost ready to eat.

    Mac salad - I wrote about this a on memorial day
    I will give you my favorite version recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please send me your favorite recipe. I'd love to try it. I'm new to macaroni salad.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes Ok weeks are the best.
    Hope you are able to get your tooth fixed quickly.
    Your meals sound so good! I love macaroni salad in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I am happy with an OK week. I'm new to macaroni salad but find it quite good.

      Delete
  5. Considering all that has happened in the past year and a half, an okay week is still a good week in my book. Hopefully this next one is better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am happy with an OK week. Happy Monday to you!!

      Delete