Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Things That Make Me Smile

I was finally able to get a couple pictures of one of the hawks that visit our yard.  The pictures do not reflect just how big it is.  Plus it was taken from inside so I wouldn't scare it off.  In the past week I have watched a hawk swoop down and get a cardinal.  Then one day I was sitting outside and there were a group of birds making a ton of distressed noise.  I looked up to see a hawk perch on the neighbors roof and proceed to de-feather a bird it had apparently taken out of a nest.  A group of birds were dive bombing it to no avail.  Once the poor bird was stripped the hawk carried it off I'm assuming to it's nest to feed it's own babies.

Nature is beautiful but cruel at the same time.




10 comments:

  1. We have to watch for these with our chickens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are dangerous with chickens and small pets. Our next door neighbor had a turtle that she had a small area outside for when the weather was nice. It was given to her 5 year old son when he was born so they could go up together. It went missing. I'm sure it was a hawk that took it.

      Delete
  2. Nature is beautiful but cruel at the same time says it all. poor little helpless birds *sigh* Why can't all living things be Herbivores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember feeling the same way living in Florida and watching other ducks drown the baby ducks. It always broke my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, you saw one get a cardinal!!!???!!!??? Ohhhhhhhh... sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh.

    I have to go out with a broom, to scare off, any form of hawk I see. I know it's nature.

    But NOT in my yard, with "MY" birds!!!!!!

    sigh sigh sigh sigh sigh

    And big hawks come for our son/family chickens next door.

    We do not, not, not like any kind of hawks here.

    🌿🌼🌿💛🌿🌼🌿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so sad. He swooped down and picked up the cardinal so fast there was nothing I could do. They seem to be becoming more and more of a problem here. We have so many now.

      Delete
  5. I don't see any hawks here, but we get crows. Boy, are they noisy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason we see them much more now than ever.

      Delete
  6. I suppose you have a fondness for hawks, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because Hawk is my husbands nickname.

      Delete