Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2021

My Week

 I enjoyed my four day weekend.  I took advantage of the time off and relaxed quite a bit.  Pretty much all routines were out the window this week.

Yesterday we went grocery shopping.  Our first stop was our local meat processing shop. It is a local family owned store. Their prices are pretty much the same and the quality on beef and chicken is superior. We do not eat much ham but their 'deli ham' is actually real sliced ham, no processing.  It was beautiful and delicious. At the other two stores we shopped at the prices on everything has increased.  One price jump that really stood out was on the ground lamb that I usually buy.  It is a grass fed lamb that I used to pay about 5.00 a pound.  Now it is 11.99 a pound.  That is a huge increase.  I wish our local shop sold lamb. 

My focus this week is going to be working on projects around the house.  I believe in the future I will have to move my Mother down here with us and I am going to need to be prepared mentally and physically as much as possible for that. 

The weather was nice this week.  Pretty close to normal temperatures with a few days of rain.  The garden is doing very well.  So far the squirrels and ground hog have left it alone.  Fingers crossed, this continues.  I don't want a repeat of the heartbreak from last year.

I didn't take any pictures this week and I didn't even keep track of dinners which is very unusual for me but we did eat.

How was your week?

Stay Safe!



10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed your long weekend Lori. I have noticed some huge price increases too. I hope all will work out ok with your mom, that will be such a big change for you. Glad to hear the garden is doing well, fingers crossed! Have a nice Sunday and a great week ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. Yes, prices are going up on everything here. The changes with my mom are going to be a real challenge for all of us so I feel I need to try to be as prepared as possible. She is still very independent but with Dementia, it is beginning to change. Enjoy your week.

      Delete
  2. So happy you got a free few days and I hope you feel rejuvenate. Go back and read the three years my mom lived with us it was quite a bit of drama, but I would do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If/when she can not take care of herself I will be there.

      Delete
  3. I am mad-jealous about the meat people!
    Not much happening around here.
    I make a chicken/mandarin orange 'oriental' dish this evening from an index card recipe I found among my mother's recipe books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome place to get meat. Your chicken dish sounds so good.

      Delete
  4. Wow on the meat increase! I read that meat processing in this country, was stopped, by the ransom hacking of a big company. I suppose all not-local meats, could be effected. Even grass fed.

    Not knowing your mother's health, I can only wish you much luck, with taking on caring for her.

    Gentle hugs,
    🌹💗🌹💗🌹💗🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of our meat is local which is why the price doesn't seem to have gone up. The lamb however must not be because it has doubled.
      Physically my mother is extremely healthy. However, she was diagnosed with dementia in 2019. So far she is ok but that will change.

      Delete
  5. I apparently had a great week offline. I had no idea I was offline for five days until tonight. All I did was return to most of my normal routines, including shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a good week and seem to be settling in to your new place.

      Delete