Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2021

My Week

 Today I was startled from sleep by thunder.  It looks like it is going to be a cloudy rainy day.  I wish the ones that need the rain would get it.  Everything is SO green here.  But some of the veggies are struggling with too much water and not enough sunshine this past week. I had plans on grilling for dinner so I hope it clears out by then.

Last weekend I cut back all of the basil because it was getting too much rain.  I made pesto with my share and gave a large bunch of basil to a friend. I think I have time to grow one more round so will look up the best day to plant this week and get another batch going.


The Thai basil has gone crazy.  I've given quite a bit away and have used it in a few dishes the last couple of weeks but I plan on going out in a bit and cutting a lot to dry.  Last night we had Thai curry chicken and rice.  The Thai basil gave it a really fresh kick.


Breakfast this morning was scrambled eggs loaded with veg, ham and cheese, Japanese sweet potato 'fries' and toast.  Not a great picture but it was delicious.


I'm hoping this week is a bit less stressful.  My mom has good days and very bad days and this week was a doozy.  Work too was more stressful than normal. I have a LONG list of things to take care of when I get there tomorrow. So today I am going to get the sheets changed, pay the bills, do a mani, pedi, reserve a few books at the library  and a few other odds and ends to prepare myself for the week ahead.  

Stay safe and have a wonderful Sunday! And just to keep you on your toes, Christmas is 5 months from today! 



10 comments:

  1. July 25th

    I am so happy, that the quotes I published today, were what you needed.

    Gentle hugs,
    ✨✨✨✨✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the weather clears for you for grilling this evening. I can practically smell the delicious basil through the screen and your meals look wonderful as always! I sure hope this week is less stressful for you. Enjoy your Sunday Lori and please don't say the C word again lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha! Right now it is sunny and clear so it looks like grilling will happen. There is nothing quite like the smell of basil. LOL...I won't mention the C word until after Thanksgiving. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Lori, I just had Thai basil for the first time last night! My daughter made her own version of a Thai curry recipe she likes. I liked hers better than the original. Your meals look so tasty. I hope you have an easier week coming, hang in there 🌻

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the weather gets better and so does your upcoming week. I had thunderstorms overnight but it might be tomorrow when I start drying out.

    Oh, that basil would've been a welcome edition to that pasta I made the other day. I bought the kind in a small jar for my meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The basil is amazing this year. It's supposed to cool off towards the weekend. I'm happy about that.

      Delete
  5. Thai basil is so refreshing. Thank you. I'm hoping for a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not want to hear the "C" word until I get through Halloween hohoho

    ReplyDelete