Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2021

Salsa and some good news

 Like most people, we eat lighter meals in the summer months.  Salsa plays into a number of those meals.  I've been making this same salsa for probably 25 years or more.  Chips and salsa was my go to lunch living in hot and humid SW Florida.

Salsa

2 cups diced tomatoes
1 diced onion-white or red
1 diced jalapeno
4 diced garlic cloves
1/4 cup diced green chiles
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 cup torn cilantro


Everything in this salsa came from our garden except for the onion and the sea salt.  I used 1 red heirloom tomato and about 10 or more heirloom cherry tomatoes.

I can't make salsa without using some of it for nachos.  This was dinner one night this week.  Beef nachos.


 Now for some awesome news.  I'm a great aunt now!  Meet Wylder who was born 7/14/2021.  10 pounds and 7 ounces.  They live a few hours away so I haven't gotten to see him in person yet but this is one of my favorite pictures of him.  He looks so much like my fathers side of the family.  My brother and I both had this same face and hair when we were born.


Have a great Saturday!!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on Wylder! Salsa is a great meal any time. I like to use it when I make my carne asada and beans dip, but I have to admit I get the stuff out of a jar nowadays to save me prep time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Salsa is good on so many things. I've been making it for so long it really doesn't take me long. I just pulled out my bean dip recipe to make one night this week. Have a great Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Congrats Lori, he's a beautiful boy! I hope you'll get to see him soon. We just had nachos with homemade salsa tonight too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. I guess great minds think alike. Summer just screams salsa to me.

      Delete
  3. Salsa is continuously ate here at La Casa de Spo
    You remind me to go get some proper toms and make some more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like salsa from proper toms. SO good.

      Delete
  4. The salsa and nachos look great, how much better that so much came from your garden! Wylder is a very handsome boy--my now skinny daughter was a few ounces more than he is at birth, she couldn't fit in the newborn clothes everyone brought her! Blessings on him and all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes my brother and I are both thin even though we were very big babies. Wylder's mom has already exchanged all of the newborn clothes.

      Delete