Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2022

Cheeseburger Egg Rolls

Anyone that's been reading for a while knows how much I love to use egg roll wrappers.  I did a search on my blog and I've shared 7 different ways to use them so far.  The possibilities are endless.  I always make a large batch because they freeze and reheat so well for lunches or dinners down the road.  This recipe made 20 egg rolls but you can always cut the recipe in half if you don't want that many.

Filling:

1 pound ground beef

1 onion diced

1 Cup diced dill pickles

1 1/2 Cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook ground beef and a little salt and pepper to taste and set aside to cool a little bit while you dice and shred the remaining ingredients.

On an eggroll wrapper add about 2 tablespoons of beef, a little onion, a little diced pickle and some cheese.  Roll up and pan or deep fry until golden brown.

Dipping sauce:

2 tablespoons of mayo

1 tablespoon of ketchup

1 teaspoon of pickle juice along with a little of the diced pickles


12 comments:

  1. I really should experiment more with egg roll wrappers. I have a package of dumpling/ pot sticker wrappers to figure out what to fill them with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using egg roll wrappers for different egg rolls and many different appetizers.

      Delete
  2. I've never used egg roll wrappers but now I'm inspired to try them! This recipe looks so delicious!!!!! I would substitute the ground beef with ground turkey since we have phased out ground beef here and use ground turkey for recipes that call for ground beef and really I can't tell the difference (too much) between the two. This recipe is definitely going to be tried soon! Thanks for sharing it, Lori!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many things you can do with the wrappers. I hope you try them soon and let me know what you think.

      Delete
  3. Mmmmmmm........

    Should look into these...... See if I can get them G/f. My always issue! -pout- lol

    😊 👑 💛 👑 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do make gluten free egg rolls. If you can't find them at the store you could always order them online.

      Delete
  4. yes yes yes This sounds like a must try endeavor. Problem is: where does one get these wrappers I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW I am practically drooling, Lori. I have never used egg roll wrappers for anything but that is about to change. I have copied this recipe and I will definitely be making it. Sounds just wonderful! Thanks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love egg roll wrappers. You can make so many things with them. I like to make little cups filled with chili and cheese. YUM. I know you'll enjoy them.

      Delete