Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: Dehydrating.  The Ninja 13 in 1 that I bought back in December has a dehydrating option so I'm planning on using it for a lot of veggies this summer saving room in the freezer.  Not having large bags of peppers alone will free up a lot of space.  I also want to grow a lot more basil this year.  I just used up the last of the pesto from last years crop so I want to make sure I freeze a little more this year than last.

Where I've been: Yesterday we did a bit of shopping.  Stopped at Fresh Market Time, Barnes and Noble and Bed Bath and Beyond.  One of the big guys cousins from Florida is retired Army and now works for the government and comes to this area a couple of times a year for work.  The last time he was here was 2019 before everything shut down so it was nice to see him after 3 long years and enjoy another great meal at Drakes.

Where I'm going: No plans this week so I'm not sure where I'll end up.

What I'm watching: While cleaning the kitchen one night this week I watched a few of the old 1970's sitcoms.  I remember enjoying One Day At A Time but for some reason I never cared for the Mom on the show.  I guess some things never change because I still don't.

What I'm reading: I finished The Answer Is by Alex Trebek and really enjoyed it.  I first read The Lake of Dead Languages by Carol Goodman when it came out in 2002.  I remember I loved the book and recommended it to others.  Now 20 years later I don't remember much about the book so I've decided to re read to see if I still enjoy as much as I did then.

What I'm listening to: One house over from us has a number of parrots and other large birds.  They set up a large cage on their back patio during the summer for them.  It's nice to walk out the back door and hear "Pretty lady".  lol

What I'm eating: 

Chili and cornbread
Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and salad
Big Salad
Cheeseburger egg rolls and oven fries  I will do a post on these because OMG they are delicious.
Chicken pesto fettuccine
Grits, egg and toast
Tonight is lamb kabobs 

Who needs a good slap: The shooter that killed 10 people yesterday in Buffalo.  I can't even begin to understand how someone has that much hatred in their soul.

What I'm planning: The cousin mentioned above is coming back to the area in September.  He plans on bringing his wife so we're going to have them come here and we'll enjoy a nice lunch together.  That is if Covid doesn't rear its ugly head again.

What's making me smile: A couple of weeks ago I ordered two new lounge chairs for the patio from Target.  I tried them out and I'm really impressed with the quality and how comfortable they are.  I can see many books being read in that chair this summer.

I hope everyone is staying safe, enjoying good weather and making memories as you go along.

16 comments:

  1. Nice W recap. I'm happy for you to be able to see family again. I'll be curious to watch and learn about dehydrating your veggies. I'm sickened by the violence and hate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. My weeks are a lot different since Covid and I'm ok with that. I always dehydrate my herbs and small peppers but I'm going to expand this year so I can save precious freezer space.

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to that post about the cheeseburger egg rolls and oven fries. They sound delicious! I am also going to check out that book, The Lake of Dead Languages, as I googled it and it does sound like an interesting read. It is funny how we read a book many years ago and how much we liked it but might not be able to remember it years later. My sister asked me for a name of a book I had read/reviewed a few years ago about how Mary was chosen by God to be the mother of Jesus. I had totally forgotten I had read the book. I went back and looked at my blog at the time and saw the name of it (Heaven in Her arms: Why God Chose Mary to Raise His Son and What That Means to You by Catherine Hickem). I found in my review that I loved the book, lol, though I hadn't remembered reading it (this was back in 2012). Anyway, I am going to put the book you mentioned on my TBR list.

    Terrible what happened in Buffalo. You are right, how can people harbor that much hate? So sad.

    Can you share a picture of the lounge chairs? Always looking for something comfortable to sit on!

    Glad you got together with family to visit! So important to maintain friendships with those who we are related with :)

    I too will be interested to read what you share about dehydrating veggies. I never even thought of doing something like that!

    May you have a good week ahead!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post this week. They were surprisingly delicious.

      It is funny how we can read a book that we loved and then forget it. I'm also curious to see how differently I feel about it now that I'm in my 50's versus my 30's when I first read it.

      When I hear about people committing senseless violence, I always wonder what happened to them to make them so full of hate. It's very sad.

      I will snap a picture of the chairs for you. I'm amazed at how sturdy and comfortable they are.

      I'm looking forward to experimenting more with dehydrating veggies. It will save so much freezer space if it comes out well.

      Wishing you a wonderful week too Betty!!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a good week, and I'm also looking forward to the egg roll recipe.

    As someone that plays Grand Theft Auto Online, I know exactly what kind of person has that much hatred. He likely learned those values from his family members to begin with, and he likely got worse after watching online videos and playing certain video games.

    He's not a lone wolf. He's not a wayward son. He's a domestic terrorist. Period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share the recipe this week. They were SO good.

      I guess it is just hard for me to understand that level of hatred. It's funny you mention the video game connection. I thought about that this morning when I heard more details. I wondered to myself did this kid think this was a game. You'll have to post more about your experiences with Grand Theft Auto...I'd really be interested to learn more.

      Wishing you a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  4. Those cheeseburger eggrolls sound delicious! Can't wait for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good. I'll share this week.

      Delete
  5. "The Lake...." sounds interesting. Must look it up.

    So glad the neighbor's parrots are not bother some. And are a fun happening.

    Another post-"Damnpandemic" happenig!

    🌸🌱🌷🌱🌸🌱🌷🌱🌸🌱🌷🌱🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the birds are not annoying at all. It's pretty funny what they say and the cat calls they make.

      Delete
  6. My first reaction to dehydration was to say for petes sake consume fluids !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to get that book for Hubs for Father's Day so I am glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading it. Not the typical format but that actually made it flow better in my opinion.

      Delete
  8. You had me at grits, eggs, and toast! Happy reading in your new chair! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! My husband LOVES breakfast for dinner.

      Delete