Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2022

My Weekly W's

 


What's top of my mind:  It was a MUCH better work week. Monday it was announced there had been some 'hopefully' positive restructuring at the top level that was very much needed.  I also found that I was given a VERY nice raise.  I've never had issue with the department I am in, I adore all of my doctors, but issues with corporate policy in general, so I want to believe this will make a much better environment for all employees including the docs.

Where I've been:  Other than work, I went shopping for a few new winter sweaters and stopped by the grocery store to top things off before the holiday.  I will not go near a store on a holiday week.  If I find I forgot anything, I'll send the big guy. He's odd and actually enjoys it.

Where I'm going:  Monday I have a dentist appointment.  Tuesday and Wednesday I work.  Thursday is Thanksgiving and we are celebrating here.  Saturday there is a Christmas craft fair and food truck festival that we're going to.  That is all I have planned so far.

What I'm watching:  I caught up on this season of Family Karma.  I just love that show.  We watched the finale of British Bake Off.  I was a bit disappointed this year with the level of baking. I also watched a couple of cute Christmas movies.

What I'm reading:  I still haven't finished the book I started last week.  I've really noticed the last couple of years that I read so much more when the weather is nice, and I can sit outside reading.  

What I'm listening to:  Nothing special.

What I'm eating:

Wings and veggie for Sunday night football.  Wings are not a favorite of mine, but the big guy was craving them.



Ham and cheese hand pie with baked potato
Chicken Tikka Masala, rice, naan
Big Salad X 2
Eggs Benedict
Home alone last night so I ordered from our favorite Italian place.  I had their delicious hot Italian sub with a side salad and had them throw in one of their frozen pizzas for one night this week.  

Who needs a good slap:  The murderer who killed the four college kids in Idaho.  What a tragedy for all of the families and the entire community.  I hope whoever is responsible is found and held accountable with so much more than a slap.

What I'm planning:  I have a good handle on things right now so not much to plan at the moment.

What's making me smile:  I found this at the store this week.  I doubt if the cookies will be very good but for $3.99 I couldn't have bought the 4 cookie cutters.  I've actually been wanting something like this to make cookies when the big guy has a promotion at his TKD school.  Little things like this make me smile.




I hope everyone is staying warm and looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday.  Have a great Sunday!!


28 comments:

  1. Violence and murder churn my stomach. What a tragedy. The Big Guy liking the challenge of holiday week shopping made me smile. My DH would be back describing the chaos with embellishments. The cookie cutters are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a tragedy. I think it makes the Big Guy feel like a true hunter and gatherer because he knows I just won't do it. I know exactly what you're talking about with the description of chaos. I hear it also everytime he returns.

      Delete
  2. The ninja cookies made me smile some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute! I can't wait to use them to make sugar cookies.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your raise. It's always nice to see an increase in wages.
    Love the Ninjabread cookies. Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great cookie cutters. Im not a fan of wings, either. Im trying a new soup recipe today. It has chicken and butternut squash as main ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love chicken but wings just aren't my thing. The soup sounds really good. It sure is soup weather.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the raise and here's hoping moving "The Wise Boys" (as my dad used to call management) around will improve the atmosphere, all the more so since you like your job anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. 'The Wise Boys', I like that. I do love my job just not the politics that you see all around you.

      Delete
  6. Those college kids being murder makes me want to scream from the rooftop. So sick and tired of violence. Far too much of it. How sad for all involved, friends, family, and the school. I'm not a fan of wings either. Actually I don't like dark meat at all and never order it, or buy it, or cook it. Congrats on the raise, hope things improve there for you at work with the recent changes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I wake up to hear of another tragedy in Colorado. It just breaks my heart.
      I'm surprised by how many do not care for wings. The big guy makes me feel like I'm some kind of odd ball for not wanting them.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the raise! I also love the idea of ninja gingerbread cookies.

    On the flip side, what happened in Idaho and Colorado really ticked me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It goes to show how many disturbed people are out there.

      Delete
  8. Absolutely.. much more than a slap for him!!
    Love those ninja gingerbread men. My kids would get a kick out of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there isn't enough of a punishment for whoever did this. They do make cute cookies.

      Delete
  9. Things sound well in hand, in your house. -smile-

    Happy Thanksgiving
    πŸ—πŸŒ°πŸ—πŸŒ°πŸ—πŸŒ°πŸ—πŸŒ°πŸ—

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some weeks are better than others aren't they?

      Delete
  10. Well good for you, I am sure you deserve a raise. I know the college student thing is way too close to home especially with daughter/son in law and baby living within a 1/2 mile. It also brought back all the horror of my little niece and nephew. We are all so upset here, and the holidays are so hard. My heart goes out to those families.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayers continued for you and your family. No one should have to endure a senseless loss like you had. I really feel for anyone that has gone through something like this.

      Delete
  11. Congrats, my friend!! Well deserved, I am sure. I have been following that horrible story of those young people. I can't imagine the pain and anguish those families and friends are feeling. Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Jo. I can't imagine either. It is something they will live with for the rest of their lives and it is utterly senseless.

      Delete
  12. Hello! Thankyou for stopping by my little corner of the world. I love making new friends and seeing new faces! The horrible killings are in the state I live in, it's so sad, I can't even imagine how their families are dealing with it. I don't like crowds either and don't go to the stores for at least a week after Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so sad and I also can't even begin to imagine the pain they are going through and will carry for the rest of their lives. No crowds for me either. I hope you're having a Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on the raise! The ninja cookies are too cute. I've been following that Idaho story since the news broke. Then I read about the Walmart killings yesterday too. Just heartbreaking.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you & the big guy. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you. It was very unexpected. I've seen these before and for that price I couldn't pass them up this time. I saw that about Walmart also. It's just so disheartening.
    Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving also!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well a raise is always welcome, right! Great news. That hot Italian sub sounds so good. And wow that cookie kit is so clever! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The raise was a big surprise but yes welcome. Our local Italian place has delicious food and the Italian sub is so good.

      Delete