Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2023

My Week

We had perfect weather last week and it is forecast to be the same this week and I couldn't be happier.  It had gotten pretty warm and humid before a cool front came in.  I love the cooler nights and sunny days with little humidity.  It was 42 degrees this morning when I got up which is probably why I slept SO good.

In February we ordered a new garage door that was supposed to take 4-6 weeks to be delivered.  Well with all of the shipping issues that took quite a bit longer.  It finally arrived this week and they came out to install it.  The old door was working and looked good but was installed in 1992 so we knew we should replace it before something went wrong. The two young guys that came out did a wonderful job and they were so polite and professional.  They checked our track and told us it was in really good condition and asked if we wanted it replaced or just keep it.  The quality of the 1992 metal track is actually better quality than what they make now.  We decided to keep it which saved us 500.00 on the price we had been told.  That was a nice surprise. 

This week I watched the new season of Queer Eye and loved every single episode.  Every episode brought happy tears.  It may be a reality show but seeing the persons face light up when they realize life can be better is priceless.  I think a little kindness and beauty in our lives always makes things a little better.

What we ate:
Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and salad
Bacon, egg and cheese English muffins and grits


Pasta, salad and garlic bread knots
Beef and pinto bean quesadillas with rice
BIG salad x2
It is grilling season so today we're having wings, steak, and potatoes cooked on the grill with deviled eggs and slaw to go with it.  

The big guy bought us a new patio table for our Anniversary in April.  It is a dark gray metal that can go from 6 foot long to 10 foot long.  I love it.  We don't have any plans for a large get together but it's still nice to know we have the outside space if we decide to. We love eating outside this time of year so it's already been used quite a bit.

Last Summer I started reading Miss Cecily's Recipes for Exceptional Ladies and for some reason I read about half and put it down.  I started over this week and am enjoying it.  "So begins an unlikely friendship between two lonely and stubborn souls-one at the end of her life, one stuck in the middle-who discover one big life lesson: never be ashamed to ask for more."

I'm excited to only be working Monday-Wednesday making a much needed 5-day weekend for myself.  
I am looking forward to a day trip with the big guy, finishing a few projects around the house, reading and of course a bit of gardening.  I'm sad to say the 6-year-old rosemary bush that we planted outside two years ago didn't make it since we had an unusually cold winter.  So I need to pick up a new rosemary plant and something to plant where the rosemary was.  Our trees and bushes are looking so good this year.  Three years ago we started using Dr. JimZ fertilizer and I highly recommend it.  

Things that make me smile:



I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a peaceful week ahead.  I'm trying a new recipe for Afghan Mantoo this week and I'll let you know how it turns out.







26 comments:

  1. I like that Dolly saying! We've had great weather where I live, too. It's been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you've been enjoying good weather too. I thought we were going to go straight to summer but thankfully it cooled down and feels like Spring.

      Delete
  2. My eyes zeroed in on deviled eggs. They are my favorite!
    I am glad you are having a happy week !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Deviled eggs are a favorite here too.

      Delete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful 5 day weekend.
    Our temps have been great but the daily thunderstorms have wrecked havoc with my painting project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. Not having to go to work for 5 days is a great break. I hope you get a few clear days soon so you can paint.

      Delete
  4. Ha ha, love that sign! And enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice price break on the garage door installation. Always good when you can save money.
    A 3 day work week is pretty awesome too. I've been thinking I need a vacation. I won't do anything but it would be nice to not have to go to work for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice price break. You really should take some time off. We don't have much planned, I just need time off.

      Delete
  6. Happy Monday Lori! I had a very lazy weekend but I'm not complaining about it. I've been meaning to catch up on the new season on Queer Eye. Those stories make me cry happy tears too! Our weather has been nice here too. I'm looking forward to eating outside (now) before it gets too hot. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Monday Danielle! You will not be disappointed in this season of Queer Eye. SO many happy tears. We ate dinner outside last night. I love it until fly season returns, then it's a hard pass. Wishing you a wonderful week as well.

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you save some money on the new garage door, and I wish I had worked 10-2 instead of 10-6:30ish. My last job would have been a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice surprise. I mean how often does that happen now a days? 10-2 would be perfect working hours in my book.

      Delete
  8. 10 - 2 sounds pretty good.Yay new garage doors. Sorry to hear about the rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10-2 sounds like an amazing work/life balance to me. It was sad that rosemary didn't make it.

      Delete
  9. I hope you are having a splendid week. Our weather is getting cooler now that winter is nearly here. i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall and Winter are my absolute favorite months. Spring and Summer does have some things to enjoy though.

      Delete
  10. Your meals always make me hungry. Regine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Late to the party here!!! Better late than never. Seems it has been a busy week. Glad you got your new garage door installed. Yes, things were made to last years ago - not so much any more. I truly enjoy the craftsmanship of older items. Your meals sound yummy!
    Enjoy your days off and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took twice as long as expected so I'm glad we did it before it stopped working all together. Things were better quality than they are now that is for sure. Thanks Cheryl. Enjoy your weekend also.

      Delete
  12. That was nice that the garage door men didn’t just replace the tracks. I always appreciate such honesty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. They were young guys and so professional and polite. When the big guy went to pay the final bill he gave them money to go have lunch because they deserved to be recognized for their honesty and hard work.

      Delete
  13. Love that sign! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you a great weekend also Jeanette.

      Delete