Pages

Sunday, May 7, 2023

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: 
It really wasn't what I would consider a BAD week, but I had the blahs and absolutely zero motivation until Friday.  I had taken Friday off because I had a dentist appointment and wanted to get my personal errands out of the way. I had everything accomplished by 11 am and the big guy offered to take me out to lunch.  No argument with that.  Then I did something I never do...I came home and took a two-hour nap. Saturday was a bit better, and I did a lot around the house but then I woke up hot in the middle of the night and realized that our not even 1 year old air conditioner isn't working.  So I'll have to call them in the morning.  Good thing is it's under a 10-year warrantee.

Where I've been:
Other than work and the dentist, I filled up the Jeep, picked up groceries and went to out to lunch.  I also stopped by sister A.'s house to give her a donation for a fellow coworker that lost her house and car in the tornado that hit just north of us a couple of weeks ago.  That really put things in perspective for me.  There are so many with much larger problems than me having the blahs for a week.

Where I'm going:
No plans so far other than work and the library.

What I'm watching:
We watched A Man Named Otto today and I loved it.  It's the type of movie that tugs at your emotions.  I also caught up on this season of RHWONJ.  It's crazy and over dramatic but I just have to see what's going on.  

What I'm reading:
I don't think I picked up a book all week.

What I'm eating:
Chicken and waffles 
BIG salad
Club sandwich and oven fries


Chicken Tika Masala, rice and Naan
Tacos for Cinco De Mio


Big Salad again because of the chili incident.
Tonight, cheeseburgers and oven fries because I have a craving.  

Who needs a good slap:
I usually do not label the jars of soup, stew or pasta that I put in the freezer because I am really good about using them up for dinners or lunches quickly.  I took what I thought was a container of chili out for dinner.  I heated it up and made a side plate of diced onion, shredded up some cheese and sour cream and served it with oyster crackers.  We were a full two or three bites in when the big guy asked why there was sausage in there.  I immediately started looking at the chili and realized there were no beans or ground beef.  We were eating pasta sauce.  Two slaps to myself, and yes, I will be labeling from now on.  Lesson learned.  

What is making me smile:
Every day that I wake up I smile.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a healthy, safe week.  Happy May!!

22 comments:

  1. I was confused by the Man Called Otto/Ove connection, but I guess there is one. I have also thought I didn’t need to label leftovers and then I later kick myself because I have no clue what’s in the Rubbermaid container. RHONJ is a location I gave up on. I just couldn’t take Theresa and her criminal house hold any longer. I still watch the rest of them except Atlanta that I quit because NeNe was so obnoxious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know about the connection either but just googled it. Interesting. We enjoyed the story and the acting. I will be labeling. That was not a tasty 'chili'. lol I still watch NJ even though I'd like to throat punch them sometimes. Theresa is a piece of work, isn't she. She hasn't changed a bit.

      Delete
  2. I had the blahs recently, and fortunately it passed. I hope yours will be done just as quickly.
    I am with you on needing a slap for not labeling things appropriately. I have shocked myself enough times that I now keep a sharpie in the same drawer where I keep the freezer bags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. I'm feeling a bit better but still not my baseline. I will be sure to label from now on. That was not a good surprise. lol

      Delete
  3. I've had weeks like that where I just felt blah. I need to remind myself that as bad as things may seem, there are people who are way worse off.
    I'm laughing like crazy over your "chili". I don't know how many times I've pulled something out of the freezer and wondered what it was. I started labeling things so I know now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I tell myself so I don't wallow for too long. It seems to work. I will not be making that mistake again. Labeling from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday was one of those days when I felt blah. The news was bad, and even worse on social media that's all everyone talked about. I just had to disconnect from everything for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell down the news rabbit hole one day last week and I think that is what started to make me feel even worse. There are just SO many things going on all over the world it is overwhelming to me. Take care, we're in scary times.

      Delete
  6. Hello, my friend. You know, I was feeling off the past few days too. I have no idea why! I hope you are feeling better, and the air conditioner is fixed soon. Isn't it weird that one day it's cool and cozy, and then the next day its a bit warmer, but hot as an oven at night??! Have a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're feeling better. I'm still a bit meh. The AC is fixed...woohoo. The weather here is crazy. I can't sleep when it is too warm in the house. I'm missing winter already.

      Delete
  7. Hey gal, we all need a nap now and then. I don't do that often - but they sure are fun! LOL - ok I am laughing about the pasta sauce!! Could have made a pot of pasta!!! Label, label, label!
    Hope you get the AC fixed quickly. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been much better with pasta than cheddar cheese, sour cream and onion. lol I will label from here on. AC is fixed. I love warranties. Have a good week Cheryl.

      Delete
  8. I have to look up A Man Named Otto. I read the book but it's called A Man Named Ove. Lovely book. I think we all get the blahs but realising that people can lose everything (in a tornado, for instance) does put things in perspective, doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't read the book but the movie was very good. Yes, I try to remember that most of my problems are trivial. The tornado struck about 20 miles north of us and did a lot of damage. Perspective is something I really try to be mindful of.

      Delete
  9. Haaahaha the pasta sauce incident, as it will henceforth be known ... truly funny. It reminds me (sort of) of when my daughter, who cleans my house for me, switch the position of my hair conditioner and body wash in the shower. Before I knew what I was doing, I had put three pumps of conditioner onto my pouf ... I haven't told her about it and I guess that's better than some mixups that could occur! Sorry you had the blahs but that cheeseburger supper would have snapped me out of it! Hope you feel better now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me when I say pasta sauce with cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions does not taste great. I have learned to label. That is funny about the conditioner. Yes, I guess we both could have done worse. The cheeseburger cheered me up a bit. Have a great week my friend!

      Delete
  10. Hope you are feeling better! So much going on in the world, and I feel so powerless to change anything.
    Funny about the chili incident.
    Thanks for the movie review. I think that I would like it, but not so sure about my husband so I may have to watch when he is doing something else.
    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do feel a bit better. There is so much going on all over but I have to remind myself that most is beyond my ability to fix it so no need in getting upset. The movie was really good. The big guy watched it with me and he enjoyed it. Wishing you a wonderful week also!!

      Delete
  11. That's hilarious about the chili, and it makes me feel a little better about myself... ;0) I keep thinking about watching, A Man called Otto, but never click on it. I think I will now! Hope you are feeling better, take care and see you next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you think you're eating chili but you're actually eating pasta sauce, it is quite the shock to the system. A Man called Otto is a very good movie, you should watch it.

      Delete
  12. no book in a week? No wonder you feel bummed. Pick one up a bit every day like a tonic why dotcha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very rare for me not to read every day. I will take the doctors orders.

      Delete