Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2023

My Weekly W's- I can't believe it's June

What's top of my mind:  Friday the big guy is having cataract surgery.  I'm hoping everything goes well.  Everyone tells me this a routine procedure but it's the big guy and I'm a bit protective. 

Where I've been:
Other than work, I stopped by the library to pick up a couple of books.  Saturday we went out to breakfast and stopped by the garden center for a new rosemary plant.  Then I spent the entire afternoon outside reading. I ordered a new set of glass food containers.  These have three divided areas and are really heavy.  I love them.  They will be perfect for lunches or road trips and storing things in the fridge.



Where I'm going:
No plans other than Friday morning making a stock up shop at the store.  The rest of the weekend we'll be at home. 

What I'm watching:
Tonight is the final episode of Chao House.  I didn't really care for the show as much as I thought I would but I have to finish it out and see who wins.  

What I'm reading:
I read Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe by Heather Webber and loved it.  It's the first book in awhile that I finished in less than 24 hours.  Yes, I liked it that much.
Tomorrow I will start The House of Eve.

What I'm listening to:  I've been opening the patio door early in the morning before it gets hot so Binx can get a bit of fresh air and hear the birds.  It is a peaceful way to start the day.

What I'm eating:
Chicken kabobs, grilled potato and deviled eggs
LO Chili with cheese, sour cream, green onion and oyster crackers
LO pasta, salad and garlic bread
Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, salad
Chicken and Waffles
BIG salad

Who needs a good slap:
People that litter.  I mean is it really hard to hold onto your trash and throw it away instead of just dropping it where you are?  

What's making me smile:
Today is Binx 1 year Gotcha Day.  I can't believe it has been a year since we picked up that sweet 3.5 pound bundle of pure energy and curiosity.  He has brought a lot of love and laughter to our house.

This is the picture that introduced us to Binx who was originally name King Cole but we changed it to Binx and it fits perfect.


I hope everyone is safe and well.  Have a great week!

31 comments:

  1. Binx sure is sweet. Thank you for rescuing!!!!
    Those cool morning breezes are really lovely.
    You are bound to be protective of hubs - but he will do great!!!
    Have a wonderful week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx is one of a kind that is for sure. The mornings have been really nice here. Thank you Cheryl.

      Delete
  2. I love black cats! Hurrah for Binx !

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Blackbird Cafe sounds familiar. Although maybe I’ve eaten at one and not read about it. LOL! Good luck to your Big Guy’s surgery. I drove a friend home afterwards and she didn’t think it was bad at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled Blackbird Cafe and there are quite a few. The book was really good. We've heard it isn't that bad and I hope that is true.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear The Big Guy needs surgery. It sounds scary, but I hope things turn out well.

    Opening the front door is great for Binx. I did that for Terri all the time when she was around. She liked watching traffic drive by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It does sound scary to us also. Binx loves the fresh air and listening to the birds and watching the squirrels. He lunges at the door if a squirrel gets too close. He's such a fun cat.

      Delete
  5. I'm with you on the people who litter. We always carried plastic bags with us when the kids were little and took our trash home. Oddly enough I feel that I saw so much more of it in England than I do here in France - but maybe that's because I live in the country. Fingers crossed for the Big Guy's surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always have plastic bags for trash also. I just don't get it.

      Delete
  6. Aww, baby Binx is adorable. Happy gotcha day to him.
    I have heard that cataract surgery is pretty easy but don't know first hand. Hope all goes well for your husband.
    I agree completely on the littering thing. What's up with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I've talked to said it is a simple procedure so hopefully all will go well. Binx is a blessing. I don't understand the littering. It just makes no sense to me.

      Delete
  7. Hope the Big Guys surgery goes smoothly.
    Happy Gotcha Day to Binx.
    The last time I just sat and read the day away was before I had kids.. miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't remember the last time I spent an entire afternoon reading and it was nice.

      Delete
  8. That book looks good! I'm adding it to my extensive Goodreads list of books I want to read! Happy Gotcha Day to Binx!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and I hope the big guts procedure goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't you just love a book you can't put down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's been a long time since I just said 'everything else can wait' and read. It was nice. Hugs to you Kim.

      Delete
  11. Happy Gotcha Day anniversary to Binx! Thank you for all the smiles and entertainment your little furball has brought us this past year :) The food all sounds delicious, as usual. I'm loving your new glass containers. They are so my style. I'm praying that the big guy's surgery goes well & wish him a speedy recovery. Hope you both have a wonderful week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Binx does bring a lot of smiles doesn't he? The glass containers really surprised me how thick the glass is and how sturdy the lids are. They lock on four sides which is nice too. I hope you also have a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  12. Binx is so cute. happy anniversary :) I have to have cataract surgery too and yes everyone says it's a breeze and you'll feel like a new woman after. I hope so!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We're pretty happy with him. I hope so too but it's still a bit scary.

      Delete
  13. I hope that by the time I'm reading this, you're husband's sugery is done and all went well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff. Everything did go very well.

      Delete
  14. Lori I love it when you say BIG salad. I eat a BIG salad every day. And I mean BIG!!!! Haahahaa ... being that I have been for four years now a cat lover, I love Binx without even having met him. What a darling baby. That open patio door in the morning sounds so soothing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny. I love a BIG salad. We eat them for dinner once or twice a week and then have a bit smaller ones for lunches and as sides. Who doesn't love them? Binx is unlike any cat I've ever had. He does make it difficult not to adore him.

      Delete
  15. Hope all is well with you my friend & hope the big guy is recovering well after his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. The surgery seems to have gone very well. One down, one to go. Hope you're doing well also!!

      Delete
  16. Binx is adorable and has brought you so much joy. I remember when you introduced him!Hope the surgery went well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes the surgery went well and Binx has brought us many laughs over the past year.

      Delete