Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Stuffed beef meatballs

This is my very simple but moist and delicious recipe for stuffed beef meatballs.

1 pound ground beef

1 cup breadcrumbs-I don't use Panko for this recipe.  I usually just shred up a slice or two of any bread that we have around.

1 small onion, shredded

1 egg

1 1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 teaspoon dried oregano

Mozzarella cheese- Either pearls of mozzarella or cut into die sized pieces.

Mix together all of the ingredients except the ground beef. 

Once all of the ingredients are combined, add the ground beef and mix together.

Form golf ball sized meatballs and put a thumb print in the center.  Place the pearl or die sized piece of cheese, press in a little and then shape into a ball.

Bake on a lined baking sheet for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.  You could also Air fry for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or you can shallow fry, turning once or twice for 15 minutes.  

Add to a simmering pot of your favorite tomato pasta sauce and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.

The meatballs come out so moist and flavorful. 

I serve over bucatini pasta and save the leftovers for Meatball subs.  I wish I would have taken a picture of a cut meatball with the cheese lava coming out but I was too busy eating at that point.









15 comments:

  1. I am going to try these soon. They sound delicious!___ Anne in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve never made those, but they sound yummy. I’ve replaced all ground beef in recipes with ground turkey and we really like the texture more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We eat more lamb or bison now but I still have a bit of beef in the freezer.

      Delete
  3. Yum. Now I want a meatball sub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good. I can't remember the last time I had one.

      Delete
  4. Yummy! I use a similar recipe from Rachael Ray. I'm gonna try stuffing my meatballs next time. I love cheese. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to make meatballs. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes yes yes I am not a big meat eater but in the autumn I like some like this.

    ReplyDelete