Pages

Sunday, October 22, 2023

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  My home project list for the year.  Every year I make a list of things I want to do around the house.  This year we did check off the new garage door this spring which turns out to be a really good thing since I was told they've gone way up in price and that it is taking 6 months or more to get them.  Most of the other projects involved painting.  I will get the three inside garage doors painted in the next week or two, but the painting inside will have to wait until after all of the holidays.  

Where I've been:  I stopped by the pet store to stock up on food for Binx.  He now has enough to last until January.  They had two kittens waiting for forever homes that I played with for a few minutes.  I hope someone rescues them.  Picked up a few groceries, got gas and other than work, I can't think of anywhere else I've been.

Where I'm going:  Tuesday evening I'm meeting two of my friends for our monthly dinner.  I'm looking forward to talking to them.  Either this Saturday or the next, we are going to Cedarhurst to see the photo exhibit Visions of Us: Southern Illinois Portraits by Paul Elledge. The big guy is one of them!   I'm excited to see all of the photos.  The photographer sent us one of the photos he isn't using and it is absolutely one of my favorite photos of him.

What I'm watching:  I watched Practical Magic this week and had Hocus Pocus on again while I was cleaning the kitchen.  I've been staying caught up on Southern Charms as well.  SO much drama.  

What I'm reading:  I finished A Cup of Silver Linings.  It is the second book of the Dove Pond series.  I have number three waiting for this week.  The Book Charmer is number one and they both are equally good reads, plus it is fun getting to carry on with the characters.  

What I'm eating:

Meatball sub and fries
BIG salad
LO chili and cornbread.
Thai beef and Udon noodle soup 
Chicken and salad
Lamburger and 'fries' (I miss zucchini already)
Tonight, I'm make a pan of Manicotti and we'll have salad and garlic knots with it.

Who needs a good slap:  I do.  It's been stressful the last few weeks at work and with my mom and this week I just came home and wanted to zone out.  I didn't do any of the normal things I do but just mindlessly watched TV.  I'll go easy on myself and just give one light slap but I will get back in the swing of things this week.

What's making me smile: The big guy.  When I don't get things done, he is amazing about just picking up where I left off and keeping things running smoothly.  He did all the laundry, cleaned the kitchen numerous times and kept life rolling.  That's what love is.

I hope everyone is staying safe and finding the joys in every day.  That is on the top of my list this week so I do not get caught up in everything that is wrong.  My problems are so small compared to others and I must never forget that.

32 comments:

  1. Give yourself some grace! Sometimes we need to kick back and do nothing. It is stress relief and is more efficient than blowing a gasket then having to do damage control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. Yes, I don't want to have to deal with damage control. I just hate complaining when other people have so much bigger troubles.

      Delete
  2. We fell behind on our home project list due to having to clean out my mother’s condo. The good news is that we are 95% finished and I’ve met with our realtor, so we are shooting for putting it on the market in 3 weeks. It will be a relief when it’s sold and we can move on.

    Watching shows like Southern Charm are huge stress busters for me. I also like RH of Salt Lake City. It’s mindless and just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have made so much progress, I'm sure you will be so relieved when it's all finished and the house is sold.
      I do love Southern Charm. It is a stress buster for me as well. I used to watch RH of NJ but they became too stressful to watch. lol

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your evening out with friends.
    Sometimes zoning out is a good thing. We all need to destress somehow. The big guy is a keeper taking care of all those things for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I apparently really needed to destress this week. He is a keeper!!

      Delete
  4. You don't need a slap you need an evening of home alone/not noise and everyone out of the house for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with Ur-spo, I think women in particular have a hard time just doing nothing (I know I do) - we put so much pressure on ourselves and you work hard so why shouldn't you just rest! But I do think it was a bit dodgy petting those kittens!!!! That's how my friend ended up with three Labs and four cats all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really do put the pressure on ourselves don't we? We are a one cat household and we are going to stay that way. Binx is more than enough for our household. He hasn't been around another cat since he was maybe 4 weeks old so I can't imagine what he would do.

      Delete
  6. Sometimes we all get overwhelmed and just need a break. No shame. Sounds like you have a good one with the big guy. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s impressive that you are working through that list of cleanout projects. That’s the exact area where procrastination is so easy. Just let it go…….It will still be there next week (oops).
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mae. Yes, it is jobs like this that are far too easy to say I'll do it next week.

      Delete
  8. Your last line is one that I tell myself often! I have been procrastinating a lot since I stopped working, which is rather silly because I have an abundance of free time right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like to complain because I know so many people are dealing with really hard situations and mine is very minor in the scheme of things. Enjoy your free time, things will get done.

      Delete
  9. I've been doing a lot of mindless tv watching of series I've watched before. My two favorites right now are Call The Midwife on Netflix and Endeavor on Prime. It's hard to play with the kittens and not want to take them home. I've just packed up and we are off tomorrow for Florida for the winter.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx hasn't been around another cat since he was about 4 weeks old so I'm not sure how well that would go. He is more than enough anyway, but they were cute. Have a safe drive to Florida!!

      Delete
  10. Nah, you don't deserve a slap. I think quality time with The Big Guy & Binx is what's best. Take care of you, and don't worry about the other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend!! I just hate feeling blah.

      Delete
  11. Don't slap yourself.. sometimes we all need to zone out a bit and it's important you do it.
    How cool your big man is going to be featured as a part of an exhibition..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hena. I think it is very cool and I can't wait to go and see all of the photos.

      Delete
  12. Sometimes you just have to let things slide, Lori! The world will not come to an end while you take time to be quiet and inactive. But how sweet of the big guy to pick up the slack without complaint. TG wouldn't do it without being asked, but he certainly would do whatever I asked him to. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. The big guy does do a lot around the house and yes, without me asking most of the times. I am blessed.

      Delete
  13. At times we all feel that way. Don't be so hard on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uh-oh, I was thinking I might need a new garage door. I can't believe it might take six months to get one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took 3 months to get ours and now we're told it's even longer.

      Delete
  15. Hi Lori~ I still have more than a few things on my to-do list that I started this summer... so much to do, so little time! I've watched Hocus Pocus twice this season and I just watched Practical Magic for the fourth time!! I love both of those movies. Sounds like, Big Man is a lifesaver, hang on to him!! Your menus always sound soooo good!! Enjoy the rest of the week... hang in there!! Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb. Thanks, yes so much to do, so little time is exactly right. I love both of those movies and could watch them over and over. The big guy is a lifesaver in so many ways. I think I will keep him. I hope you have a wonderful week also!!

      Delete
  16. zoning out every so often is essential!

    ReplyDelete