Pages

Sunday, November 12, 2023

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  The big guy has been feeling a bit better this week.  He took two doses of the Paxlovid but it made the shortness of breath worse, so he stopped taking it.  I don't blame him because the list of side effects was pretty long and scary.  He has an appointment with his PCP tomorrow and is going to ask for an ECHO and an appointment with a cardiologist.  I know his diagnosis was Covid but we'll just both feel better knowing his heart is doing well.  

Where I've been:  Other than work, I didn't go anywhere this week. Our monthly friends dinner is cancelled because one of them has a bad case of Covid.  Our community is filled with viruses right now and I don't want to go out unless I have to.  I was that way pre Covid as well.  lol  We did finally get the tulip tree pruned yesterday.  It had turned in to more of a bush than tree.  When we bought this house 13 years ago it was about 4-5 feet tall.  Now it has to be 16 to 20 feet or more.  Other than putting away two chairs, the backyard is ready for winter.

Where I'm going:  Work all week and I will need to venture out Saturday for a few items for Thanksgiving week but other than that, I don't have any plans.  

What I'm watching:  I caught up on Southern Charm and I watched Home for the Holidays again while cleaning the kitchen yesterday.  Other than that, I've been spending a few minutes each day watching the birds and the squirrels hiding everything they can for the winter.  

What I'm reading:  I've started reading The World Central Kitchen book.  I have a number of cookbooks I want to go through before I do any other reading.  My goal was to read 24 books this year and I've read 25 not including various cookbooks so I'm happy I accomplished that.  

What I'm eating:

BIG salad X2
Beef tacos 
Butter chicken, rice and Naan
Beef empanadas (it's been so long since I made these)
Lamb burger and side salad
I have no idea what I'm cooking tonight, but we will eat.

What's making me smile:  Again this goes to Binx. 




Enjoy your Sunday everyone!!  Stay safe and healthy this week.

30 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well when your husband goes to the doctor. I don't blame you for not wanting to go out when there are so many viruses going around.
    Your carpet looks just like my daughters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. I'm hoping so too. It's a soft, thick carpet but this was taken right before I vacuumed. lol Our hospital has been bursting at the seams so it's that time of year to lay low.

      Delete
  2. Do you rent out Binx for thems who need black cat therapy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the Big Guy has an appointment for further tests. It will surely put your minds at rest (I'm glad he's already feeling better though too)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The sob started off and on a couple of months ago I just can't wrap my mind around it being Covid.

      Delete
  4. There are definitely lots of viruses going around. I had a bad cough without any other symptoms for 3 weeks the 4th week I tested positive for covid. The cough was gone, but then I had a mild case of Covid for over a week. Sounds like it is wise to for your husbands to get some tests. Hope he has a speedy recovery. I have 9 friends coming for dinner Friday night and I just heard that one of them is sick with a bad virus. Such a joy to have a loving pet. Binx looks so cute !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're feeling better. I was just talking to one of the doctors that I work for about how Covid is affecting everyone differently. One of my friends and her husband has it now and they've been down for a week. It's time for me to hibernate for the winter. I hope you have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear your hubs is getting better. Hope all checks out good with the heart check! Your meals sound yummy. Binx is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. Binx is a really sweet cat.

      Delete
  6. We had a huge Tulip tree at our old house. I just loved the blossoms that would fall off it. They are beautiful trees. I'm glad your husband is feeling better, but it never hurts to get something checked out, for peace of mind.

    I made a smoked sausage and white bean soup yesterday and there's enough for leftovers tonight, so yeah! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our Tulip tree it is beautiful. Hopefully it will appreciate the trim and provide lots of blooms this spring. I think we both need some peace of mind on this. Your smoked sausage and white bean soup sounds delicious!! Hope you also have a great week!

      Delete
  7. I hope TBG finds out what's ailing him and feels better soon. That sounds scary.

    Every time I tell myself I'm not ready for another cat, Binx reminds me that I should visit the nearby shelter for one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been a little nerve racking for both of us because 2+2 isn't equaling 4. I think we'll both feel relieved after a cardio consult. I wasn't ready for Binx when TBG found him but I am so glad that we found each other.

      Delete
  8. So many people.. sometimes myself included have forgotten just how scary Covid is. Hope your Big Guy is feeling better.
    I woke up with a migraine from hell so I will be making some club sandwiches today with some leftover chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no...hope you're feeling better soon. Club sandwiches sound really good to me. Take care!!

      Delete
  9. I so hope everything is okay with your other half.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, my friend. Prayers for your husband that he is feeling better soon. Covid is still here as well, and the flu too. I try to stay home, safe and sound as much as I can. Like you, I was the same pre~covid! Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Jo. I do enjoy hibernating as much as possible during the Fall/Winter.

      Delete
  11. Binx is extra precious! It is cold and flu season and as always, there are many many viruses going around. Everyone should wash their hands often and get plenty of sleep! Take all the normal precautions. I for one do not go out when I am sick, but I was dismayed on Sunday to have met several who are battling cold and flu symptoms. I sure wish they would stay home; I feel that they are being discourteous by showing up and especially sitting right beside me!!!! I'm hoping that by now TBG feels one hundred percent better. Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx is amazing. Yes, I've always avoided crowds during cold/flu season because like you said, people are sick and do not stay home. The last time we went out for breakfast there was so much hacking and coughing going on around us, I couldn't wait to get out of there. We always stay home if we're sick. TBG is doing better but had more tests yesterday. Hopefully this will soon be fixed. Happy Thanksgiving to you also!!

      Delete
  12. Cute Binx! Covid seems to be on the rise here so I am feeling a bit antsy about going out of the house! It's hard to believe that some people just don't care about passing on their germs and go out hacking and sneezing away. Grrr ... Hope your hubby is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All respiratory viruses are on the rise here and yes, people going out when they're sick and spreading it everywhere is what makes me nervous. The last time we ate out for breakfast it seemed half the people there were hacking like crazy. Thank you, he is doing a bit better.

      Delete
  13. You remind me that I bought the World Central Kitchen cookbook when it was published, but I haven't tried any of the recipes yet -- and I should!

    I hope your family soon goes back to normal healthy activities.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mae! Your post is the one that made me decide to pick it up. I'm enjoying it so far.

      Delete
  14. I hope all is well with your husband. There are lots of viruses going around right now. I'm taking all the precautions! . Love the picture of Binx!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope everything goes well for you. And I wish you the best this holiday season as well.
    https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/11/why-real-real-is-number-one-place-to.html

    ReplyDelete