Sunday, September 20, 2026

My Weekly W's

What's top on my mind:  We have been covered in a 'heat dome' for the last three or four weeks and I am over it.  I did not leave SW Florida to be this hot in September but here we are.  According to the weather experts today will be the last day in the 90's and we will start experiencing more fall weather.  I really hope they are correct and that we get some MUCH-needed rain as well.

Where I've been: Work is and will be quite busy for another month.  We have 5 new doctors starting and that involves two days of orientation with each one.  One down, 4 to go.  Friday I thankfully was off, so I went and picked a few things up at the farmers market, Aldi and Kroger.  While I was out, I decided to stop in Marshals and I'm so glad I did.  I use a lot of glass jars to store produce, and I've been worried about accidentally breaking one of the shelves.  When I found washable shelf liners specifically for this, I was thrilled.  They washed up nicely and stay in place without sliding around. 


Saturday TBG and I went out for breakfast at The Pancake House. I always get a Denver omelet there and once again, I was not disappointed.  It was already getting hot, but we decided to take a walk around the park before going home.  

Where I'm going:  I have no appointments other than work so it should be a good week. Next weekend is our local Fall Festival and TBG's students are doing a demo.  After that we will walk around and check things out and probably have lunch.  I'm really hoping the weather is exactly what they are predicting.  That will make it even nicer.  

What I'm reading:  I haven't started yet but The Correspondent is next on my pile.  I've heard really good things about this one so I'm looking forward to diving in.

What I'm watching:  We watched quit a few movies over the last two weeks and for some reason a lot of them involved dogs.  A Dogs Journey (9), Gone Dog (8), Rescued by Ruby (9) all on Netflix.  While cooking dinners or working on different things I also watched The Fabulous Four (6) and The Choice (9)
I'm also watching a lot of leaves falling off of the trees because it's so dry.  I don't think we'll have a gorgeous Fall like we normally do unless we get a lot of rain very soon.

What I'm eating:
BIG salad
Chicken Alfredo with a salad and garlic bread
Eggrolls and rice 
Lambchops, garlic mashed potatoes and coleslaw
Pizza with beef bacon, portabella mushrooms, sweet peppers and red onions.  SO good!!
Maine red fish, potato cakes from left over mashed and more coleslaw
Tonight we're having grilled cheeseburgers and zucchini 'fries'  

One afternoon I picked up just enough deli meat for two sandwiches, so we enjoyed a very rare deli sandwich and I made potato chips.  This simple meal was not healthy, but really delicious. We all need to cheat sometimes. At least that's what I tell myself.




What is making me smile:  TBG has been really feeling a lot better lately since they started him on this new medication and I couldn't be happier.  Binx of course also gets a smile.  Look at him.  How can you not smile?

31 comments:

  1. Hi Binx - looking good!
    I have been thinking I should get shelf liner like that for my fridge. After seeing yours, I think so even more!
    Sorry it's been so hot there. It's really cooled off here, I'm actually in a hoodie and fuzzy socks. Hope things straighten out for you!
    We watched Rescued by Ruby about a month ago. We loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the liners at Marshalls and I'm really happy with them. I'm glad you're getting cooler weather and I'll be thrilled when we do. We both thought Rescued by Ruby was a really cute movie.

      Delete
  2. Binx is so gorgeous. I wasxso happy forvthe normal September weather this past week. I was tired of the excessive heat. Your meals sound fresh and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx is something else. Enjoy your cooler weather. I will be so excited when we get some here.

      Delete
  3. I always smile at the sight of Binx.
    I don't envy you the new doctors. One is difficult enough but a more than one is tedious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx is good about making someone smile. I have 15 doctors in total and yes, you are correct.

      Delete
  4. Meow, Binx, you are so handsome, just like my Blickie :-)) Ain't black kitties special and wonderful?
    We have been having nice cool autumnal weather here, though I actually wish we had a slightly longer summer warmth. It's 9C today and I definitely need a jacket when I am going out for a walk later.
    Your fridge looks so well organised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a few cats over the years and Binx is the first black one and he really is special. Your weather sounds wonderful and I can't wait for that to happen here. I cleaned the fridge out to lay the mats down. We'll see how long it stays nice and organized. Have a great week.

      Delete
  5. Binx sure is a handsome one. Glad to hear TBG is feeling better too.
    That does not sound like much fun at work. Hopefully the doctors are nice ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. TBG had a rough two or three years, so it is so nice to have him feeling better. The next two weeks are going to be rough. It seems like they are going to be pleasant to work with.

      Delete
  6. Binx looks so happy there! I'm also glad to hear TBG is doing better. Once the weather cools, I hope the humidity doesn't stick around. That's what's happening here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is so nice having TBG feeling better after such a rough couple of years. It's in the low 80's today but the humidity is high. I am ready for cooler weather. I hope you have a good week also.

      Delete
  7. Binx made me smile! We finally cooled down last week and have even had rain. Yippee! You have a healthy home cooked diet. I read Over Processed People a couple of years ago. It was interesting. Anyway, the writer, a scientist, said, I think, that 20% or 30% of the diet can be some of the less healthy. We are human after all! I wish I kept my refrigerator that organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do tend to eat very healthy with a few not so healthy things added in from time to time. I think it's all about moderation and balance. My refrigerator looked so neat because I took everything out to clean the shelves before I put the mats down. We'll see how long it stays that way.

      Delete
  8. Finally got you back. Love me a Binx pose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Binx is certainly a treasure. I'm glad TBG is feeling better. And I do hope your heat dome dissipates because I know how miserable it can be. And you are right that if you don't get some cool nights and rainy days, the fall won't be pretty. But while there's life, there's hope! xoxo 🏴‍☠️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx is a treasure. And to think I wasn't ready for another cat. It finally cooled off here yesterday and I think now we're going to have lows in the 60's and highs in the 70's or low 80's for a while. That is a nice change. Big hugs to you Jenny!!

      Delete
  10. Glad you have things to smile about with TBG .. Binx is always a joy to see. What a cutie. The weather has finally cooled off here going from the mid 80's to the 60's in one day. It's supposed to be cool all week. I always enjoy your recommendations of what you are watching. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, I forgot to sign in with the above comment. Have a great week.

      Delete
    2. Hi Judee! Our weather cooled off quite a bit yesterday and I am so thankful for that. We never did get any rain but hopefully that will come soon. I'm glad you get some ideas on what to watch from me. I know my taste is all over the board. I hope you have a great week as well!!

      Delete
  11. We've been experiencing our first cold temps here (and in Chicago, where we visited over the weekend). It's always hard for me to get used to. Isn't Marshal's great? I always find such unique, helpful items there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally started to cool off a bit on Tuesday and I'm loving it. Yes, I do love Marshal's. I have a found quite a few things there that I love.

      Delete
  12. Thank GOODNESS the heat moved out of the area. I was half out of my mind. I immediately opened all of the windows.Sure, the humidity was 88%, but that didn't stop me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same thing. That was a very long stretch of hot weather, and we still have had no rain. I can't remember the last time it rained.

      Delete
  13. I just had a deli sandwich for lunch! We are on the opposite weather spectrum. It has very suddenly gotten cold and windy. I had far too many appointments this week..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy a good deli sandwich. It has cooled off here quite a bit too but not cold or windy. I do not like weeks with too many appointments at all.

      Delete
  14. I use a lot of glass storage too. I'm going to have to check out those liners because I am always afraid I will break a shelf, too! I hope you got some cooler weather by now! It's been absolutely gorgeous here for the last few days. I'm so glad TBG is feeling better and love the pic of Binx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The liners are really nice. They wash up well and don't slide around at all. I'm very happy with them. We have gotten a bit of cooler weather which has been so nice.
      Today and tomorrow is supposed to be close to 90 again but then it cools back off. The nights and mornings have been wonderful.

      Delete