Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Eve 2020 Style

I'm off work until Monday to celebrate Christmas.  2020 has thrown many curve balls at us all.  As everything else, the holiday will be very different.

I did go ahead and do the traditional luncheon with the doctors. We are exposed to each other on a daily basis so in a way we are part of each others "bubble".  I made two trays of stuffed shells and served meatballs on the side for those that eat meat, a large salad with the works, a couple loaves of my no knead bread and a cookie tray.  It turned out very well and was a much easier meal than last year. It's been so long since I've cooked for anyone but the big guy, it was nice to share a meal with people that enjoy good food.


We had a cold front move in last night so coffee and French toast was needed this morning.  We're ordering a pizza for lunch and plan to spend the afternoon playing Scrabble, reading and maybe watching a movie.  As soon as it gets dark we're heading out with Yeti's filled with hot cocoa to check out the town's Christmas lights.  It seems this year a lot of people went a little bigger with their decorations so this should be fun.  Tonight we will be relaxing at home together with a few cocktails and appetizers.

I'm trying to remind myself to be thankful for all that I have because I am truly blessed.  It's just been such a difficult year.  I miss seeing friends and family.  I miss the occasional meal out at our favorite Mexican place.  I miss parties.  But, so many others are missing way more.  So I will be thankful for all I do have.

I hope everyone has a magical Christmas Eve!




8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to have your luncheon and that it turned out well. Sounds like you have a perfect day and evening planned. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you were able to cook for those you work with. It has been a hard year. I was blessed to have two new grand kids , but without that I think I would have really been in the dumps. I think people really are lighting more and cooking more just for cheer. Have a very Merry Christmas you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a very challenging year. I've seen your two new grand kids and what a blessing in all of this chaos. You have to find cheer where you can. Merry Christmas to you!!

      Delete
  3. It wasn't so 'magical' but 'different' - at a bar!
    It was memorable. I am making several things for the first time this weekend.
    And Santa brought me a fabulous new cutting board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was memorable. Can't wait to hear what you make. A good cutting board is a necessity.

      Delete
  4. I didn't do much at all on Christmas Eve. It was just another day, but at least it was enjoyable for the most part. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete