Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Discombobulated

This week at work was stressful to say the least.  The covid vaccine will be delivered Monday or Tuesday so scheduling all of my doctors has been a logistical nightmare. I'm trying to prepare myself for another very challenging week. I feel like my mind is spinning in 101different directions.

With all of this, I still have been trying to remember to slow down and enjoy the season.  I've been watching Christmas movies, usually while I'm in the kitchen either making dinner or baking.  All of the fairy lights and candles seem to brighten up these long, cold nights and warm my soul.

Last weekend I made a batch of pecan, chocolate chip cookies.  They were wrapped and frozen.  Yesterday I made pecan tassies.  They too have been frozen.  I still have two or three different cookies to make but they do not freeze well so will wait until closer to the holiday.  I take a large tray to work for the doctors and I put together a tray for us to enjoy at home.  This year I am also going to make a cake for Christmas Day.  I haven't worked it all out yet, but I hope it comes out as good as it looks and tastes in my mind.  

Today I'm going to take time to sit down and finalize the menu for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  I've been keeping meals on the simple side the last couple of weeks.  It's funny how simple can still be so delicious.


                                Spicy chili and all the fixings is always a treat on a cold night.


This is one of my favorite quick and simple meals.  Spicy Mexican rice with chicken stir fry.  Filling and so flavorful.

Well I'm off to start my day.  There is so much to be done.  I hope everyone is taking a little time to enjoy this season.  I know 2020 has been rough but we have to remember to look for the little joys.\

Stay safe!!








10 comments:

  1. I too plan to sit down and plan out a christmas eve and day holiday. I like doing this; it gives me something to do/look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having something to do and look forward to has been a challenge in 2020.

      Delete
  2. Your meals look delicious! We are keeping everything super simple this year. My husband and I are still only spending time with our grown children outside and still social distancing. I'm so tired of it. Like you said, we have to find the joy this year and there is plenty of it even in these trying times. I hope this week at work isn't too bad for you. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone is tired of it. Have a wonderful week.

      Delete
  3. Hubs is complaining as he has had cold take out pizza for two days, actually three he just finished the last for lunch. I had my baking to do.... So I took a roast out to thaw for beef fajitas tonight and I will make a stew tomorrow. You inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple but delicious is the way to go this time of year. With all you've been baking, you need simple meals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gathered ingredients to make sausage rolls but can't decide to pre-make and freeze, or make them on Christmas Day...fresh.
    I made a hearty beef and vegetable stew yesterday, we'll be dining on it for days :)
    Your chili looks delicious !
    Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas a nd a Happy and Healthy New Year.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That all sounds delicious. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well Jo. Here's hoping 2021 will be a much better year for everyone.

      Delete
  6. Oh these look dee-lish! I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for Christmas Eve and the day afterward cooking wise. With the Japanese griddle and takoyaki plate in addition to the stove and an Instant Pot, I've got a lot of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear what you decide to make. Your griddle is awesome.

      Delete