Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2020

It's beginning to look like Christmas

 We decorated our Christmas tree Monday and I spent a little time really thinking about each ornament as I pulled them out of the boxes.  Christmas decorations are like a trip down memory lane for me.  


This is the stuffed Santa I received for my first Christmas from my Mom and Dad.  He is in amazing condition for being 53.  The big guy thinks he's a little too creepy.  LOL


My Grandmother made this little cutie many years ago.


This is the new ornament for 2020.


This ornament was my Grandmothers.  I have no idea how old it is, but it is old.


My beautiful hand painted egg ornament from my friend in Newfoundland.  She has since passed away so this is a reminder of our friendship.


Both of these were made by my Grandmother.

This was made by my Great, great Grandmother for my first Christmas.


Another ornament made by my Grandmother.

I made this ornament probably 25 years ago.



This is one of my favorites.  My Grandfather made the sleigh and my Grandmother made the packages and painted the sleigh.  It's funny but I had put this decoration out for 5 or more Christmas's before I found the note she had written and tucked in under the packages.  It was like a sweet surprise. 

Today I'm doing some things around the house.  We're having lamb burgers and home made fries for dinner.  I plan on spending the evening making a couple different kinds of cookies to freeze for Christmas gifts.  Chocolate chip cookies are one.  I haven't decided on the other yet.  I like to make 6-8 different varieties to package and give away and some for us too of course.  

Do you have any Christmas decorations that really tug at your heart strings and bring good memories?


10 comments:

  1. So beautiful decoration,love it!
    xoxo
    beautyqueen000.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear me! The first one looks like someone spit in his eggnog
    Yes I have several favorite ornaments. I actually gave them away though to my brother so they will be passed on to his kids. I fear when I die they will go the way of "Rosebud"

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband hates the stuffed Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your beautiful Christmas keepsakes. I have many that are very sentimental too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. My tree has so many memories on it and how precious that you have these things. I remember a stuffed Santa just like that. Yes kind of creepy I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are cute ornaments! I really don't have any. I think the one I made when I was five years old finally died a year ago. I have no idea due to COVID-19. With everyone else in my family 60+ including a father in his 90s I haven't visited my family in about ten months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen my mom since the first weekend in March. I work at the hospital so I have avoided anyone, just in case. 2020 has been the ultimate shitty year.

      Delete