Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Hello 2021

New Years Day was very relaxing.  I got up and made a big breakfast then we went in to watch the movie Peanut Butter Falcon.  I've been wanting to see it forever.  We both really enjoyed it.  I'd say it's one of the best movies I've seen in a while.  The rest of the day was spent setting up this years journal and odds and ends around the house.  For dinner I made a big batch of stuffed shells and a salad.  When it is only the two of us, I only bake enough for our dinner and then we have two uncooked meals to add to the freezer.

I don't dream very often and if I do, I rarely remember them.  But four or five years ago I had a very vivid dream.  I was buying a new house and when I got there things were very chaotic so I walked down the street a block or two to the ocean.  I went quite far into the water and a whale came up to me, brushed my check and whispered Just Float.  When I saw the Dingbat journal with the whale on it, I had to have it.  I have it all set up for 2021 and my motto through the year will be Just Float.






Seed catalogs are coming in so I am looking forward to taking some time to plan my garden this month.  I remember even as a child I would flip through my grandparents seed catalogs when they came. 

I really enjoyed this holiday season even if it was a little different than most.  October through January has always been my favorite time of year and I'm a little sad to see it come to a close.  The decorations are all put away and today I'm getting everything ready for the first full week of the year.  Here's hoping 2021 will be kind.

Be safe everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Your New Year's Day sounds perfect! I love the new journal and your motto for the year. I didn't chose a theme or motto but chose a word for the year - Hope. I'm so glad you enjoyed your holiday season. Have a great first week of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was a great day. I'm sad the holiday season is over but I'm cautiously looking forward to a good year.

      Delete
  2. I cannot think of any better way to start a day than with a 'big breakfast'
    I hope your 2021 is a splendid one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With working Mon-Fri I don't get a chance for a big breakfast except weekends or holidays. Wishing you the best as well.

      Delete