Pages

Monday, May 31, 2021

My Week

 It has been a good week here. Weather wise it has been a bit above average temps for a few weeks until Thursday brought a pretty bad storm along with record breaking cold temperatures for this time of year.  The storm didn't last long thankfully but the winds and the rumbling thunder were a little nerve wrecking.  My rose bush took a beating but thankfully it and everything else seems to be fine now. I love the sunflowers that are continuing to bloom.



I have been enjoying a four day weekend.  I went to the library for the first time since Covid and picked up a couple of books.  I'm trying to simplify the things I own so only want to buy books that are true treasures.  Cleaving from Julie Powell, the author of Julie and Julia is not a great story but I'm half way through now and it is interesting enough I want to see how it ends.  It is about her wanting to learn everything she can about butchering.  I also picked up Milk Street Tuesday Nights Mediterranean.  I have flipped through it and see about 10 recipes I will be trying soon

Everything in the garden is doing well so far.  I pulled up the garlic that was planted in August. I didn't grow as much as I usually do but what came up looks pretty good.


Meals this week: 

Monday-Steak, corn and potato

Tuesday-Thai chicken and veggies with Udon noodles. 


Wednesday- Big Salad

Thursday- Chili (I take every cool front I can get and make a soup or chili)

Friday- Baby back ribs, salad and bread


Saturday- Spicy Italian Chicken Sausage with Pasta and Alfredo Sauce.  The Alfredo Sauce I made was so delish!

For some reason, I didn't remember to take many pictures this week.

How was your week?  Are you cooking anything special for Memorial Day?

Stay Safe!

12 comments:

  1. Seems as if everyone went cooler, this past week. -smile-

    Happy Memorial Day...
    πŸ’›"They hover, as a cloud of witnesses,
    above this nation."
    πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was down right cold here but I'm not complaining. We will have heat and humidity soon enough here. Happy Memorial Day to you as well.

      Delete
  2. The weather is just crazy everywhere lately! I'm glad you had a nice four day weekend Lori. The books sound good and your meals all look and sound delicious for the week. I'm doing a seafood boil for us for today, the first of the year. I'm looking forward to it. Have a nice Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so long since I've had a seafood boil. That sounds amazing. I would be looking forward to it as well. I hope you have a wonderful day!!

      Delete
  3. Your blog is always so cheery with flowers and food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Gardening and food are my passions..

      Delete
  4. Actually we are going out for memorial day and I am glad as I have been cooking none stop.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you have been. You deserve a break. Enjoy!!

      Delete
  5. I had a terrible weekend, and I only posted part of it on the blog. At least a new week has started and seems to be a lot better so far.

    I could go for some baby back ribs. Guess I need to dust off the Instant Pot one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. I hope it is a good week. Now that you're moved in it's time to get cooking. Stay safe!

      Delete
  6. I have made only a few alfredo sauces, none I recall much good.
    I think it was a combination of inexperience/novelty and skimping on the ingredients.
    There is no such thing as 'alfredo-lite" I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you the recipe I use. I use whole milk instead of heavy cream but it is still VERY good.

      Delete