Pages

Monday, September 6, 2021

My Week

 Happy Labor Day to those in the US.  It is 55 degrees out right now and I'm sitting here with all of the windows in the house open.  The fresh air is amazing.  All week the highs will be in the low 80's and I have to admit this cooler weather rejuvenates me.

I worked on the garden a bit.  The tomatoes are still producing but the pepper plants are almost done.  Today or tomorrow I will pick what is almost ready and take them out.  The second round of lettuce, basil and arugula are all doing well.  It was a successful season which I desperately needed after last years brutality.  Yesterday I found more non GMO local corn for 2.50 a dozen so my freezer is now stocked for the winter with corn.

September is kind of a transitional month for me.  I spend most of my time getting the inside and outside of the house ready for the new season.  I like for the house to feel cozy for the fall and winter months.  I'm looking forward to all of the holidays.  Since Covid started I've been using my PTO for three or four day weekends since we can't plan a trip so I think it is time for a long winter break.  I am taking December 23 thru January 3 off.  It will be nice for the two of us to spend this time at home.  I'm looking forward to Christmas movie marathons, reading, cooking, baking and spending time with the big guy.  I hope we have snow.

Today we're grilling a steak for me and ribs for him. I will stuff a couple of poblano peppers and have that with deviled eggs and macaroni salad.  The macaroni salad is a new recipe I'm trying from my blog buddy Michael at sporeflections.wordpress.com.  I can't believe I've just recently found out how good macaroni salad is. 

I made a batch of walnut, chocolate chip cookies yesterday.  I used Ghirardelli cocoa chips.  OMG they are so good.  I usually use Toll House chocolate and it is good but these are one level up.  They will now be my go to cocoa.  


Dinners this week:

Fried chicken, red potatoes, corn
LOADED beef nachos
Beef sausage, peppers, onions and red potatoes
BIG salad
BLT, zucchini chips
Chicken fettuccine alfredo
Butter chicken and rice

Well I have a few things to do around the house this morning.  Then I want to sit outside and read this afternoon. My days to soak up the vitamin D are fading away.  I picked up the book Finding Freedom by Erin French and it is really good.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a productive week.
Stay Safe!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see everything is going well, and welcome to the Ghirardelli Gang! Have you tried their chocolate squares yet? You're in for a seriously sinful treat if you get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I am all too familiar with their candy, hot chocolate mix and chocolate sauce but this is the first time I've baked with their cocoa chips. SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hose cookies look so good. I love walnuts in my cookies, and even like raisins sometimes.It was 94 here yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been in the low 80's for the last week. I think this weekend it is supposed to be high 80's.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't want the seasons to pass too quickly but I am looking forward to a holiday at home.

      Delete
  5. 9/11... 20 years ago... Afghanistan was a safe haven, for Radical Islamists, to prepare for Terrorist Attacks, on the Free World.

    Today... 20 years later... Afghanistan is again a safe haven, for Radical Islamists, to prepare for Terrorist Attacks, on the Free World.

    Thanks to the ridiculous complete military withdrawl, from Afghanistan, done by this Administration, a week and a half ago.

    Way-to-go, *Uncle Joe*!!!

    😖

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got me at the BLT. I haven't had one in ages. I would love one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only eat them with garden tomatoes in the summer so I've had my share to get me through to next summer.

      Delete
    2. this is why I don't have them: I want proper tomatoes

      Delete
    3. Yes, store bought will not do.

      Delete