Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2021

My Week

Happy Sunday!  The weather this week could not have been any better.  Low's in the 40's and highs in the 70's with sunshine and a bright blue sky.  This week we are supposed to be in the 80's but the humidity will not be bad.  Everything is that deep fall green.  Our peak fall leaf time frame is the end of October so we have a while to go.

We skipped the local Fall Festival yesterday and I'm glad we did.  In the pictures I've seen no one had a mask on. This is an event that brings hundreds of people from nearby counties so we'll see if the numbers of Covid go up again in a week or two. I understand wanting to 'go back to normal' but we are still in a pandemic with a strain that is worse now than it was in the beginning.  

I've done a little fall decorating and found a gorgeous purple mum for the front porch.  Today I'm going back to pick up a couple of orange ones that I saw driving by a roadside stand. The purple and orange will look nice together.


This week I finished reading Finding The Flavors We Lost by Patric Kuh.  It is about Artisans reclaiming American food and was very interesting.  Yesterday I started The Man Who Ate Everything by Jeffrey Steingarten.   I'm really enjoying his essays.  It is part cookbook, part travelogue with medicine and science all rolled up.

Dinners this week:
Ribs, steak for me, scalloped potatoes, corn on the cob
Butter chicken masala, spicy rice and a roll up.
Chicken, mac and cheese and salad
Chili, cornbread (first pot of the season and it was so good)
BLT, zucchini chips
Loaded beef nachos
Fried green tomatoes and salad








I use a lot of different cheeses and fillings when I make roll ups but this combo is the big guys favorite.  I spread a thin layer of cream cheese on the bottom, add diced poblanos, cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese.  Roll them up, lightly coat outside with olive oil and bake for 5 minutes on each side.  YUM!

I hope everyone has a restful day.  Stay safe!

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty plant...

    Was this Festival held out of doors? Or in?

    I'd not want to be packed in with people, anywhere. But we never wear a mask out of doors.

    But I suppose, it could be worrisome, if people are packed together, out of doors too.

    In the end, it's up to the individual, about out of doors.

    We see college kids, walking past our house, alone, back to their college, and wearing a mask. Now that, is 'beyond the pale' to me.

    They are young and look healthy, and thin. And yet, they have been convinced to live their life, in total fear.

    Oppps, I got carried away here. -LOL-

    πŸπŸ‚πŸŒ»πŸ‚πŸ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mum is prettier in person. I've never found this color before. I don't wear a mask outside either but this festival was packed with people. No way to social distance and our local numbers of positives are still very high with the number of people with vaccines very low.

      Delete
  2. Those rollups sound amazing, and I love the zucchini chips. I might have to make some again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't go wrong with a cheese roll up. I have two zucchini's left so I'm thinking fritters will be on the menu in the next day or two.

      Delete