Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2021

My Week

 Happy Sunday!  It was a warm sunny week but this week we are supposed to get a cold front with lows in the 40's and highs in the low 70's.  I'm ready!  

Quite a bit of herbs and lettuce is still growing but the last tomatoes, peppers and zucchinis have been picked. The garlic has been planted for next year.  All in all it was a very good growing season. My freezer is full of pesto, veggies and fruit for the next few months. 


I have quite a bit of chicken in the freezer so I stocked up on beef and seafood.  We've been ordering our seafood from Sea 2 Table for quite a few years.  I like seafood from the US and other than local catfish our stores sell seafood from other countries. I ordered 14 servings of  a combo of Maine Red fish, Pacific Cod, Dover soul and Coho salmon. They even included a large cloth insulated bag this time for no extra charge.  We get our beef from a local farm  ( thelogcabinranch.com ) that raises 100% grass fed beef.  I can't wait to cook the beef short ribs next weekend.

The hummingbirds have been very busy lately.  I'm sure they're fueling up for their long trip. I finally got a picture of one sitting on the hook.


While picking up the beef at the farmers market Friday I picked up our first pumpkin of the season.  We're going to the pumpkin patch next weekend so will get the rest from there.  This is cute on my dining room table though.

Dinners this week:
Chicken wings, chicken kabobs, mac and cheese, asparagus
BIG salad and cheese rollups
Stuffed shells, salad, garlic bread
Roasted chicken legs, potatoes, corn
Chicken sausage, peppers, onions, spicy rice
Veggie, pepperoni and cheese cazones, salad
Main red fish, baked potato, salad and garlic knot



I also made a loaf of cheddar and bacon bread this week.  Friday for lunch I made BLT's on it and it was very tasty. 




I picked up my once a year bag of candy corn.  I know people either seem to love it or hate it.  From as far back as I can remember this was a staple on my fathers parents table in the fall.  Gram taught me the proper way to eat it.  First it had to be Brachs candy corn (other brands are horrible) and you equally mixed it with Red Spanish peanuts.  To me it tastes like a payday candy bar.


So how was your week?  Are you a fan of candy corn and peanuts?

Stay safe!

8 comments:

  1. So lucky to have a seafood place, you can trust.

    For some time, I have only seen Candy Corn make in Mexico, and I won't eat it. Just for decoration, in a clear mason jar lamp.

    But should look for Brachs! And mix with spanish peanuts, like your Grandma! Perfect. Sweet and salty!!!!!

    Really need to get a couple of small pumpkins tooooooo! -smile-

    🍁🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it HAS to be Brachs. She was very admit about that and I see why. She gave me my love of sweet and salty. I remember her introducing me to Brachs chocolate stars on popcorn.

      I love natural fall decorations.

      Delete
  2. 40s !!!
    I would love that.

    And I love me some candy corn. I hold off until 1 October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you know the weather people...now they're saying 50's. I will still take it.

      Delete
  3. I love candy corn, but in small doses. I love Spanish peanuts. Perhaps I'll get both on my next shopping trip?

    I woke up to 59 degree temperatures for the first time. It looks like at this new place I actually need blankets for the bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to try them together. It's so good. I only allow myself one bag per year.
      A cold front is supposed to be here tomorrow. I can't wait. Have a great week!!

      Delete
  4. You are so right about the candy corn. But I try not to buy it as I eat it!

    ReplyDelete