Pages

Saturday, November 20, 2021

Home Alone

 For the first time since November 2019 I am home alone for the entire day and night.  The big guy just left for a TKD tournament and will be back tomorrow.  I will miss him but sometimes it's nice to have the house all to yourself.  I'm armed with a list of things I want to do to make the most of this time and to get ready for Thanksgiving.

It will be the two of us for the holiday but I'm still making a traditional Thanksgiving meal only a little more scaled back.  A couple of years ago I stopped trying to do it all in one day and came up with a plan that works really well for us. I've been making Thanksgiving dinner for so many years it really is easier than it sounds and on Wednesday and Thursday I will have the big guy here to help.

This years menu: Roasted turkey, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberries, deviled eggs, brussel sprouts, rolls, sweet potato pie and pumpkin pie

Sunday- move the turkey from the freezer to the fridge.

Tuesday- Make two pie doughs, bake sweet potatoes, dice onions, carrots and celery

Wednesday- Make sweet potato pie, make pumpkin pie, make cornbread, make cranberries

Thursday- Boil eggs and make deviled eggs, make cornbread stuffing, roast turkey, mashed potatoes, bacon parm brussel sprouts, rolls, gravy

I am already really looking forward to the left overs.  Last year I used some of the cornbread stuffing and put it in the waffle maker to heat up.  Then topped with mashed potatoes, turkey a bit of cranberry and a little gravy.  It was AMAZING!! I can't wait to enjoy that again.


Then of course is the big pot of Brunswick stew, my all time favorite for years.

Culinary Adventures with Lori: Search results for brunswick stew

Well I'm off to start my day.  What are your plans for today? 


6 comments:

  1. That sounds yummy! Enjoy your alone time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am home alone as well. I have cleaned nearly non-stop, only pausing to get a catch-up on my blogger buddies. It is the two of us for T-dinner as well. Quite scaled back. Fine by me.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept myself pretty busy as well. It was nice to have the house to myself for the first time in two years.

      Delete
  3. I love your weekly plan. What a great idea.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!!

      Delete