Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Wednesday W's

What's top of my mind: 1st world problems but top of my mind this week is my hair.  I have thick curly hair that grows freakishly fast.  I've been having it colored to keep the gray at bay for a number of years.  In August I talked to my stylist and told him I was sick of having to color it but will not go through the halo grow out.  So, I haven't colored it since August and I have close to two inches of very gray growth.  Next Wednesday is my appointment to have it all blended gray.  I'm not an extremely vain person but going full on gray has touched my emotions a little.  I will be glad when it is done though.

Where I've been:  Again, work and home and no where else.

Where I'm going: We will be going out of town this weekend for our biweekly shopping.  Yes I am a wild one now.

What I'm watching:  I've watched The Great British Baking Show each week and I've been watching a lot of the Christmas baking competitions on Food Network while I cook dinner each night.  We watched a really good movie last weekend but I seriously cannot think of the name now.

What I'm reading:  I have been spending my normal reading time on going through my recipes.  I am determined to get them all together and organized ASAP.

What I'm listening to: I'm appreciating the silence as much as I possibly can.

What I'm eating:  I don't like to keep leftovers in the freezer for more than a month so this week we've had the pasta Monday night and the veggie beef stew last night. There is two more servings of chili that will be chili mac probably Friday.  So that only leaves one more serving of the veggie beef stew that I will probably eat for my lunch tomorrow.

Who needs a good slap: Internet bullies.  I don't go on FB very often but there is a community group that I check on from time to time to see what events are going on in the area and some people ask for recommendations, etc. that are helpful to me.  I only read and never comment but some people make the rudest comments and I just don't understand.  If you have no interest in the topic just scroll on.

What I'm planning:  I've slowly started planning out the next three months of Holidays with lists of foods and activities that I want to be sure and indulge in this holiday season.  The big guy started a month ago talking about looking forward to Brunswick stew after Thanksgiving so now I can't wait either.

What's making me smile: I've been smiling a lot lately just counting my simple pleasure and blessings.  I have a lot to be thankful for.

Share your week in the comments if you'd like.  Stay safe!!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you & hubby are doing well. Going gray is a shock to the system. I have a little bit of it in my hair, but not enough to worry about coloring it. As for my facial hair, that's another story. That new razor I bought will keep me looking like I'm a decade younger for awhile.

    I hope the rest of your week goes well, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a bit emotional but I'm reminding myself that a lot worse things could be going on. This is very minor in the grand scheme of things.
      I hope you're having a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  2. I colored my own for a while. Then, stopped. It was not worth the effort.

    With your fast growing thick and curly hair, you could have it cut off, to the grown out gray, and have a pixie for a while. It would grow quickly and be all taken care of. And I'll bet it would look delightful on you, meanwhile!!!!!!!!!

    Mmmmm, may I throw in a wee bit of 'earned wisdom'? -smile- The best way to deal with ageing, is to accept it.

    Know it is going to happen and is happening, and come to terms with it.

    Believe me, it is the best way, for doing something, which doesn't necessarily come easily, in this day of Youth-Is-All! But it is going to happen. We are going to grow older. And it "hurts least," when we deal with it, a wee bit, before it happens.

    All this, to say.... Please consider simply embracing your gray... Made easier, with an adorable short curly PIXIE.

    🍂💨🍂💨🍂💨🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your 'earned wisdom' I always appreciate that.

      I am accepting of the gray and getting older. As I said this is all very minor in the grand scheme of things and very much a first world problem. But deserves a pause to acknowledge all the same.



      Delete
  3. I enjoyed these!
    I is so much fun to read your Ws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The idea came from me enjoying yours and Robzilla's so much.

      Delete