Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2021

My Week

 I can't believe it is Sunday again already.  I remember when I was a kid it seemed like time stood still.  Summers seemed endless, the time from one Christmas to the next seemed like eternity.  Now though, it seems to fly by.   

Yesterday we went to do our biweekly shopping. It's a 40 minute ride and I usually read the entire way but everything was so beautiful I found myself gazing out at the gorgeous fall colors. I love this time of year.  The temperature was 36 degrees which usually isn't cold to me but with the wind chill it felt like 26 so it was pretty cold.  I came home and made hot cocoa to warm us up a bit while I put groceries away and prepped all veggies and meat.  It was a no rush, relaxing kind of day.


If you don't have time to make it from scratch I highly recommend Ghiradelli hot cocoa mix.  YUM!


This is the corner of our yard that I see through the kitchen window when I'm doing dishes.  The picture does not show how pretty it really is.  I need to get out and take pictures of our burning bush trees.  They are all bright red right now.

Meals this week were...

Left over pasta and a salad
Left over beef and veggie stew
Cheese burger and oven fries
BIG salad
Veggie quiche
Chicken chili 


This soup is SO good.  It just makes you feel good to eat a bowl.  It's chicken, chicken stock, northern beans, green chilis, poblanos, jalapenos and garlic.  For spices I use turmeric, cumin, coriander, mexican oregano and smoked paprika. A bowl of this with a good piece of sour dough bread is my kind of comfort food on a cold Fall night.



Well it's time to get busy.  I have a list of things to get done before the week starts.  It's a cloudy and cold day so staying inside won't be difficult.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!


10 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I'm glad you had a good time shopping, and I hope the rest of Sunday was good, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. All in all it was a pretty relaxing weekend. I hope things are well with you.

      Delete
  2. Prepped all veggies and meat!

    How wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

    How perfectly wonderful!!!!!

    How Wise!!!!

    How not me... SIGHHHHHHHHH

    >,-)

    🍂 🔥 🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to wash all veggies when we get home from the store and break the meat packages down into portions we will use for meals before freezing. It doesn't take much time and makes cooking through the week SO much easier.

      Delete
  3. I remember my mom making homemade coco so good. And sourdough is my favorite. Also dark black rye yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried dark black rye...sounds delish!

      Delete
  4. My favorite thing about this time of year is probably the idea of eating a bowl of soup with loads of crusty bread! I think you've got my number!

    ReplyDelete