Pages

Friday, November 26, 2021

Thanksgiving 2021

I hope everyone that celebrates enjoyed their Thanksgiving.  Ours was nice.  Good food, spending time with the big guy and relaxing a bit.  A great way to spend the day.  Even though I had small portions of everything, I still ended up stuffed for the day.  I guess you can even out the calories if that's all you ate for the day.  Right?

 

But then there was pie.  Sweet potato for the big guy and pumpkin for me. Thankfully, I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I have no problem limiting myself on dessert. If it is only the two of us again next year, I'm going to simplify the menu a bit.  Two pies are too much. 



Today I am going to do a few things around the house and pull out the Christmas decorations.  It is officially Christmas season.  I can't believe we only have 29 days until Christmas.  I hate it when there is so little time between the two Holidays.  

My mom is really struggling with her dementia and I am a bit overwhelmed with the situation. The past month has been horrible.  This is only going to get worse and that makes me sad.  My hands are tied on most things because she is married and he makes the decisions so I can only do so much which is frustrating.

I'm off to get my day started.  I hope you enjoy this last Friday of November.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. It's no fun at all, especially when someone else is in charge of things.

    Hope everything else went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's a tough situation right now.

    ReplyDelete