Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2021

My Week

 Happy Sunday!!  

We had our first frost on Thursday morning.  It was a pretty heavy one coating everything outside with a layer of white that almost looked like snow.  For today through Saturday highs will be in the 60's with lows in the 40's. The sun has been shining and the sky has been blue.  Perfect weather to me. The leaves are pretty much at their peak and gorgeous.  Southern Illinois really is beautiful.

I finished I'm Cooking as fast as I can.  It was a good book.  Cat Cora was very frank in writing her story.  Yesterday I started Cook, Eat, Repeat by Nigella Lawson.  It is recipes and stories.  Too soon to tell how much I like it.

Our October total spent came in right under $1000.00.  But remember that includes food, household supplies, health and beauty products, pet food and alcohol. We also ate out one time this month and that is also included in the total. The number was also higher because it includes Thanksgiving and Christmas foods.  We could go until January or February without buying anything but dairy and fruits/vegetables but with the shortages and increase in prices we are going to just continue restocking anything we've used every two weeks.  It's nice to know going into the winter weather and cold/flu season that we're OK if we can't shop for a month or so. 

Meals this week...

BBQ chicken legs, garlic mash potatoes and salad
Beef sausage pasta (SO good)
BIG salad
Hot ham and cheese sandwiches with oven fries
Chicken fajitas and spicy rice
Calzones ( prosciutto, peppers, red onions, mushrooms and motz.)



This morning I made bacon and yeast waffles.  I took one strip of bacon and put it in the batter.



They were delicious but we both agreed bacon on the side is our preference.

I'm off to start my day.  Laundry is calling my name loudly.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!! Stay safe!

4 comments:

  1. It definitely sounds like your week went better than mine, and bacon in waffles sounds delicious. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you have a great day as well. Hugs to you on the situations you're dealing with.

      Delete
  2. We are getting frost every night now. Not as thick as yours though!

    Good for re-stocking!!!!!

    🍂 🍁 🍂 🍁 🍂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we had frost 3 nights last week. One was very heavy.
      Now the next four days will have highs in the 60's before another cold front comes in.
      November's weather is always up and down like a roller coaster here.

      Delete